cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obvious fake reviews on the store

danknugz
Superstar
Last night I was browsing the store and its really shameful and embarrassing all the obvious fake reviews from fake accounts by devs / hired russian trolls or people who got the game free.

Its not just the wording that makes it obvious because you can tell theres some people who put effort into sounding authentic (they are the worst type of human beings imo but thats another discussion), but what makes it obvious in that case is the huge gap between obvious honest reviews (1 - 3 stars) and glowing “best VR experience ever!!” reviews.

I tried reporting a few of the fake reviews but then realized it was pointless.
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! This thread seems pretty old with not a lot of activity on it, so I will go ahead and lock it. If anyone still wants to keep the conversation alive, I recommend that a new post be create on the TalkVR boards. 

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer

of course this happens man.
So there was a connect between the russians after all. 
I already read the low star reviews and look for anything that isnt hardware based.
I am very fussy about my games as well

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
What does Russia have to do with this..

Chazmeister
Rising Star
Those sneaky reds! Now they're trying to poison the reviews too!

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

What does Russia have to do with this..

More importantly!

ubh0n79741c2.jpg

WAAAGH!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I love first world problems.

Hoschiman77
Honored Guest

2024 und immernoch sind gefühlt 99% der Reviews positiv ,und sogar die negativen haben 5 Sterne. Das wird sxhon extra so gemacht sein , einfach nicht darauf verlassen

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! This thread seems pretty old with not a lot of activity on it, so I will go ahead and lock it. If anyone still wants to keep the conversation alive, I recommend that a new post be create on the TalkVR boards. 

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.