cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.10.2 Release Notes (Dec 15th)

cybereality
Grand Champion

Release 1.10.2

• Performance improvements, stability enhancement, and bug fixes.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
83 REPLIES 83

cybereality
Grand Champion
It's best to follow the PDF guide exactly for the optimum performance. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

YoLolo69
Trustee
@cybereality could you please point me on this PDF describing multiple sensors set up? I'm pretty sure I read it online once but can't retrieve it going through all support guides or sticky threads...Thanks!

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

harryinthesoup
Protege

YoLolo69
Trustee
Thanks but nope, I know those 2 PDF, I thought we had a PDF for usual standard front-facing setup, but I think this one don't exist. I'm saying that because on several videos from Oculus I saw both sensors was parallel, and then on other both sensors was targeting center of play area, etc. Also, in some Oculus video sensors are near both side of a monitor (less than 80cm), and on some other they are far from each other, definitively more than the 2 meters the setup want me to put them (but they are more around 2,20m for me so I need to force continue). So in official video front-facing positions vary a lot, and angles too...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Defendor
Explorer
How do I unsuscribe? I keep getting email messages about this darn thread.

Nvm, I found something.

kzintzi
Trustee

kzintzi said:

I'm seeing some weird location reset issues lately... not sure if it's just because I'm using touch, but every now and again the system resets my location about 2' lower than it should be, then a few seconds later it resets back tot he correct height. it seems to happen randomly and I'm being fairly careful to stay as close to the middle of my guardian area as possible - this is approx 3' from the cameras.

so some more information on this issue:

I've un/re-plugged everything and run the full setup again. the sensor on the left as I'm facing them for some reason places me what feels like 60cm higher in space than the right sensor, with the right sensor being the correct height. I have rerun the entire setup process for setting up the sensors and touch/guardian but it hasn't affected the flicker.

everything is normal when I'm facing so that both sensors can see my headset. when I occlude the headset from the right hand sensor it flickers me up - once I let the right hand sensor see the headset it resets me to the correct height.

the left hand sensor is the original sensor I had with the headset, and I only have two sensors. I have tried this in both standard "both in front and setup either side of the monitor" (ie official) configuration, and as of now, where I have them setup slightly off-center so I can use them for both seated and standing configuration without readjusting everything when I want to use my desk. 

everything seems to work fine within the bounds of the issue, so when I'm "higher" my hands are in the right place relative to my head and it all tracks fine, even if the sensor on the right is detecting the touch controller, and things in my hands collide with whatever environment I'm in as if I'd just moved my hands downward/upward really fast.

this happens in all games/environments including the Home environment.

this is quite jarring overall.. when I look to the left in just about anything I flicker upwards and depending on the game I'm either inside the geometry or I'm not able to reach things.. unspoken makes me too far away from my spells, I expect you to die has me dropping things, setting things alight accidentally, etc. 

[Edit] this has only started occuring since the Christmas update or whatever it was - I never saw this when I first installed touch.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Docsteel
Protege
I'd like to get some idea whtn the next update is planned.... and when the fourth sensor is officially supported along with the move away from "experimental" for the room scale modes.

IstedZoo
Explorer
what did the update do?

ColinB
Adventurer

what did the update do?

Release 1.10.2

• Performance improvements, stability enhancement, and bug fixes.

Flausn
Expert Protege
why there are no patch notes ?