cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home has stopped loading

thumbs_of_doom
Protege
Hi - Not sure if this is the correct place to ask for help..

The new home screen was working for me yesterday but now won't load at all.
I can see the Dash overlay, with options to select games, store, home etc but if I select Home for instance, it just shows "Home loading" or "Home Now Playing" in the popup window. The background is just a white floor with dots/crosses on. It's the same if I select Store etc. I CAN however play a game - just not properly operate the home environment.

I've never had any real issues with Oculus - it's just always worked - so I'm not sure where to start asking for help - so please feel free to point me in a different direction if it's not the right place 😕 

Thanks for any advice / pointers.

My system is:
GTX 1080 (388.59 drivers)
Intel i7-6700k (4Ghz)
32gb  Ram
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try opting out of the Public Test Channel to download and install 1.20 and then opting in again to reload and reinstall 1.21. I've seen a few people on Reddit solving issues this way.

thumbs_of_doom
Protege
Thanks for the reply - I did actually already try that - but appreciate the suggestion. I opted out of Beta and reverted to original home - then back again. I'll try doing it again to see if anything changes.

Thanks, Mark

cybereality
Grand Champion
Is your Windows up to date? Can you install this specific Nvidia driver? 388.31
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

thumbs_of_doom
Protege

Is your Windows up to date? Can you install this specific Nvidia driver? 388.31

Thank you - Windows was up to date but I downloaded and installed 388.31 and everything started working again!
It was even crashing apps loaded from Steam (i.e. not using the Oculus menu at all) but now everything is back to normal and the new Home and Dash are working.

Thanks so much for the help.
Mark

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for following up.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV