cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus ! Please throw money at SEGA to bring *Alien Isolation* to the Rift !!!

ShocksVR
Superstar
Please! Pretty Please!! B)
This is one of the definitive games anyone w/ a VR headset (Rift, Vive, PSVR) wants to play in VR.

The fact that Creative Assembly worked on unofficial VR support and it was in the game shows it can be done!

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Your Fanboys.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S
49 REPLIES 49

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Absolutely! 

HankTV
Protege
You got me! Bring it back to live. Lets forget the RE7 PSVR exclusive... Alien Isolation is the real VR experience a Riftplayer deserves.

Percy1983
Superstar
I wouldn't mind it being paid DLC if that's what is needed.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

JaimieVandenber
Heroic Explorer
Yeah, I played it in DK2 at a game expo in 2013 maybe? It was phenomenal, but to be fair was also my first use of this generation of VR (counting the 90s as the previous gen). I still have hope, and I'm so looking forward to playing AI in CV1 that I've never played it again in flatscreen yet...

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
A real missed opportunity!

I saw the game on a DK2 back at a demo at GDC or E3 - can't remember which, anyway, it was a brief play, and a promise that they were serious - but obviously this was just SEGA US jumping on the VR buzz at the time.

Can't really see a salvage plan to get a VR version being viable. SEGA have shelved the development of the whole project by this point and an archeological retrieval just to make a VR version would cost more than starting a brand new project.

A lot of the PR boys that just gave VR lip service back in 2014-15 will be looking in the mirror on the opportunity they may have just let slip through their fingers!

I wonder, with the new management, if OVR is now concerned with the projects they did back?
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

uKER
Adventurer
What happened to me with this game was funny.
I got it while I had the DK2 and held back from playing it because of the rumor that it would get VR support.
By the time it got VR support the rumors of the CV1 were already around, and I had sold the DK2.
Skip to today and I still haven't played the poor thing.

Come on, Oculus. It's not every day that you find so many people asking for a particular piece of software.
Think about it: for every one of us that's vocal there's probably hundreds that aren't, but would still jump onto it if given the chance.
This just has to happen.

weasel47
Heroic Explorer
Even though I already bought the game, I would happily pay full price for it again with proper VR support! 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'm trying to compare it to something we have in the Oculus Store right now and can't think of anything that even comes close to it. Amazing how a game like this can be played on a DK2 a couple of years ago and yet we can't see a game coming any time soon like it for CV1. When you also look at PS4 which has Resident Evil 7, you would of thought Oculus had something up their sleeves given they had a head start over PS4.

SuperTuck
Expert Protege
If they paid to fully flesh out a full VR supported Touch version it would do more for VR than anything yet... Even more than RE7 has/will simply due to Touch also. I really wish Oculus would pay money to get Re7 Touch support for its release also. Instead of funding more indie games, foot the bill for Native support on big titles.