cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2

Reignsy
Honored Guest
I just went out and bought the Oculus Quest 2 and I’m looking to get started playing some PC games, particularly Half Life: Alyx. I need a link cable but my PC does not have a USB-C port, So I will also need an adapter (USB-C to USB-A). Problem is that I’ve heard some of the adapters will impede the performance of the cable, specifically with keeping the headset charged while playing. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or recommend a different cable and adapter that will provide the same performance for less? Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I purchased this for my quest 1 three days ago as its a 10 ft long one and hell of a good price.
Worked for me.. I assume the Quest 2 needs the same thing ? 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017COHTJ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Its charge and data transfer although i would consider getting Virtual Desktop as well for playing Wirelessly if you have a 5ghz internet connection.

ldorsey
Explorer
Or you could try this:
That would also work. USB-c on the headset end, USB 3 on the PC end, so you'll be fine. I use a similar setup.

Reignsy
Honored Guest

ldorsey said:

Or you could try this:

That would also work. USB-c on the headset end, USB 3 on the PC end, so you'll be fine. I use a similar setup.

I was unable to get it to connect to my pc, it keeps giving me an error saying “Hmd not found (108)”. I have tried a bunch of difference USB ports including ones that are currently working properly, and it still doesn’t register my headset as being plugged in... does yours work with SteamVR?