cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Remote required? *SOLVED*

DarkArrow901
Honored Guest
I am planning on buying the rift bundle, however, since the remote isn't listed in the bundle, I wonder wether I need to buy one or not. Is the remote required for the Oculus to work, or can I just use a controller?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality
Grand Champion
For the most part, the Remote is not needed. Many of the games originally designed for the Remote (or the Xbox gamepad) have been updated to use Touch (not with motion controlled, though, just as gamepad emulation). There may still be a couple games that haven't been updated yet, but there is more than enough content that's made for Touch it shouldn't be a problem.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
For the most part, the Remote is not needed. Many of the games originally designed for the Remote (or the Xbox gamepad) have been updated to use Touch (not with motion controlled, though, just as gamepad emulation). There may still be a couple games that haven't been updated yet, but there is more than enough content that's made for Touch it shouldn't be a problem.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DarkArrow901
Honored Guest

Thanks a lot!