cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift 1.13 Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Features:
    • Public Test Channel: You can now enroll in our Public Test Channel program to receive pre-release builds (“beta” versions) of Oculus software. Enroll in Settings > Beta in the Oculus app on your computer. Learn more in our help center (https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/200468603765391).
    • New User Experience: Improved first experiences for Rift and Touch.
      • Touch Basics: You can now move forward simply by looking at the skip option, as an accessibility feature..
      • First Contact: We updated and enhanced the experience. Check it out for a few new surprises.
      • Minor bug fixes.
  • Bug-fixes:
    • Fixed an issue with your apparent height in VR.
    • Fixed a tracking issue to make headset tracking smoother.
    • Fixed an issue with showing the correct app in VR when running multiple apps at once on your computer.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
161 REPLIES 161

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, I don't believe it's supposed to be dark. You may wish to reach out to support.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

xeno3d
Adventurer
I got the update to 1.13 but I dont see an option to sign up for preview builds

UPDATE: Okay, never mind.  I restarted OH and now its there.

xeno3d
Adventurer
  • First Contact: We updated and enhanced the experience. Check it out for a few new surprises.
Fun!  Going to go back in tonight and see if I can find anything

F4CEpa1m
Adventurer
It's quite nice to have an update that just adds a few cool features, tweaks amd extra content instead of fixing major breaks.  Like getting a pleasant gift in the mail.  Thanks team 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Included in this release is the compositor mirror, an experimental tool for viewing exactly what appears in the headset (with Asynchronous TimeWarp and distortion applied). The compositor mirror is useful for development and troubleshooting without having to wear the headset. The compositor mirror is not recommended during normal usage as it can affect performance.

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
Did the update fix the small jitter when looking up and down? 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

xeno3d
Adventurer
Did something change with the debug tool?  It's no longer working.

xeno3d
Adventurer
Looks like this update made my rift non usable...

All I get when putting the headset on is OculusDebugToolCLI.exe is taking a while to load....

cybereality
Grand Champion
The debug tool likely need to be updated with an upcoming SDK. I'd recommend not using it for now if it is causing problems.

xeno3d
Adventurer

The debug tool likely need to be updated with an upcoming SDK. I'd recommend not using it for now if it is causing problems.

How do I get the debug tool to not load automatically upon launching home?  It seems its loading up on startup and not letting me get to the home screen.