cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift facial marks and lack of focus with text in games

Lebowski-1984
Honored Guest

Hi, I've been using the Oculus Rift off and on for about 10 days now and am pretty impressed so far with the few games and apps I've tried out. Other than the odd headache and cyber-sickness every now and then, the only issue I can see is with the lenses or the way it fits on my head. The problem is that if i'm playing a game and have to read text, it's mostly blurry. The only way to reduce this is to tilt the lens box up a bit so I can see the floor more if I look down with my eyes. Only problem with this is that it puts more pressure on my forehead as the only part of the lens box that is touching my face is the forehead padding.

After about an hour of using the Oculus this way I will get red marks and lines on my forehead that takes and hour or so to disappear. I think I have the lens slider on the right number (around 63) as it doesn't make much of a difference for clarity but 63 offer the least disorientation I feel.

Please share your thoughts if you have a similar issue of having to tilt the lens box part of your headset upwards to get a sharper image and perhaps we can discuss possible solutions.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try loosening the velcro straps at the sides and make sure that the triangle at the back of the strap has the centre of the triangle where that nobbly bit is at the back of your skull. Sounds like you're wearing the thing too tight, maybe..?

pertm
Protege
Oculus is not very comfortable to wear. 

vannagirl
Consultant
yes if it is uncomfy you have it on too tight,

the super sampling debug tool is great for text of the oculus tray tool in the stickies
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Lebowski-1984
Honored Guest
Thanks guys, i'll download the software now

DarkTenka
Trustee
I use the VRCover custom face plate:

https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-facial-interface-foam-replacement-premium-set/

A bit pricey but worth it imo. 10x more comfortable and completely eliminates the "Rift Lines" from your face.

YoLolo69
Trustee
Also, be 100% sure about your IPD at 63. Use the Green Cross to move up and down for horizontal lines and set the IPD for the vertical ones to be sure you caught the most sharpened vertical and horizontal crosses.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Baishan
Protege
I had the exact same issue. I was initially able to make it app more comfortable by adding a small counter weight to the back. This way i could loosen the straps an have all the weight on the top strap. I've recently bought vr cover facial interface. I don't really like the cover itself (it makes me really hot and sweaty) but the replacement foam is great. I can now use the rift without the counterweight and have the weight on my forehead with no discomfort or marks. It's really made a huge difference for me so I highly recommend. Expensive for what it is but made the rift much more enjoyable.

What green cross?