cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Sellinf Rift S Cables?

McNutts
Adventurer
Do they sell them anyplace other than Amazon for $100+ and eBay for roughly the same price?

I thought Oculus sold them.
Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index
20 REPLIES 20

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

McNutts said:

Do they sell them anyplace other than Amazon for $100+ and eBay for roughly the same price?

They did, but now it does not mention them.  Perhaps the Rift S is already going the same way as the original Rift.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^Is the OP talking about the CV1 cables and not the Rift S cables as that is only a year old?

(Ok i checked the website and the OP is right, no sign of the Rift S cable at all, not even showing out of stock, not even apictire of it, just gone) 😮
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

OmegaM4N said:

^^Is the OP talking about the CV1 cables and not the Rift S cables as that is only a year old?

(Ok i checked the website and the OP is right, no sign of the Rift S cable at all, not even showing out of stock, not even apictire of it, just gone) 😮

Exactly...
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Umpa_PC said:

McNutts said:

They did, but now it does not mention them.  Perhaps the Rift S is already going the same way as the original Rift.

I notice that a few days ago when I was considering ordering one to have as a spare if needed.
RIP Rift, go Quest!!!
It may be curtains for the Rift line.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

dburne said:

Umpa_PC said:

McNutts said:

I notice that a few days ago when I was considering ordering one to have as a spare if needed.
RIP Rift, go Quest!!!
It may be curtains for the Rift line.

Christ I hope not I only got the thing in January.....   And same as you I thought I would get one as a spare and was horrified to see they are not even on the site anymore.  We don't half hammer the Rift S when we play it.  I always have to un twist the cable every time I have a go.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Just my guess but I think Oculus may be holding off selling Rift S cables right now due to supply shortages.  They probably have a small stockpile for warranty replacements so best to just contact Oculus support and start a ticket if you need a replacement Rift S cable imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

McNutts
Adventurer

Umpa_PC said:

Christ I hope not I only got the thing in January.....   And same as you I thought I would get one as a spare and was horrified to see they are not even on the site anymore.  We don't half hammer the Rift S when we play it.  I always have to un twist the cable every time I have a go.

Every time I use my Rift S I look at the cable at it looks like the insulation is twisted and it makes me very uncomfortable. I treat all of my electronics like gold. I still have every video game console, box, and manual I have had since I was a kid, going from the NES to my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

I want to keep my Rift S until the day I die but if I can't get a replacement cable to have as a backup I might have to return it. It is very important for me to have the peace of mind knowing that my hardware will be there and working if I want to use it in 20-30 years. After playing Half Life: Alyx for an hour and seeing the cable insulation I don't know if my Rift S will be able to last.

If I had a backup cable I would 100% keep my Rift S. As it is now I am thinking of returning it to Best Buy and relying on my Quest to give me my VR fix. With Virtual Desktop, Oculus Link, and the Deluxe Audio Strap it's darn close to the Rift S experience. I'm an Best Buy Elite Plus Platinum rewards member so I have until June 15th to return my Rift S. If I can't get a cable from Oculus by then it will probably be returned unless I find someone that wants to purchase it for the retail+taxes I paid. I really only bought the Quest to bring to my families house every month to play games with the family. I was going to have the Rift S be my main VR headset at home. 

Heck, I would be okay with a way of using normal Display Port and USB cables with the Rift S. I have tons of those cables sitting in a closet. I have done some looking but I haven't found anything other than normal DP & USB extension cables. Those don't work since the port on the Rift S is proprietary.
Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus have never sold replacement cables for the Rift S as far as I'm aware.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

snowdog said:

Oculus have never sold replacement cables for the Rift S as far as I'm aware.

I am sure I have seen them.