cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Service prevents XB controller from staying on?

Xrc6
Explorer
I already updated the firmware for the Xbox one controller. But I had problems with the controller, pressing to turn it on, it would flash a few times then shut off and I found it's actually the Oculus service that causes this. If I shut down the service via the debug menu and then turn on the XB controller, it'll stay on just fine and I can then start the Oculus service again....until the next time I need to turn on the controller and I have to keep doing this each time.

Does anyone know why and is there a fix?
2 REPLIES 2

bigmike20vt
Visionary
This is good to know. Mine works fine the 1st time I use it but if it auto turns off I get the problem (happens a lot as in elite I use pad for srv and hotas for ship). I have been rebooting my PC or just changing gaming habits. This really should be fixed by now.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Xrc6
Explorer

This is good to know. Mine works fine the 1st time I use it but if it auto turns off I get the problem (happens a lot as in elite I use pad for srv and hotas for ship). I have been rebooting my PC or just changing gaming habits. This really should be fixed by now.

Where can the issue be reported? If enough people do it, maybe it'll get fixed. I have the chatpad on my controller so I wouldn't need to touch a keyboard but then this happens...I just can't win, it's like all the companies are trying to keep VR from being a streamlined experience which is something that has always kept consoles more popular than PC gaming.