cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

@Tbone  I've found it best with my Q2/rtx3090 to forget about using any SS with OTT now.  Just put in 0 (zero), rest defaults, and use your Oculus pc Desktop device graphics settings and ODT setting to max your game clarity and performance.  You can also apply in-game settings if they are available and you still have headroom.  For SteamVR manually set visuals to 100% and disable advanced super sample filtering.  I still use a few OTT game profiles in order to set different ASW options, esp with flight sims.  I also use the OTT audio switcher because I find it a little more reliable. 

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

seems like the Steam library import function relies on your Steam library to be located in the default path but not any other location like external drive

could you fix it?

grinzlerV
Honored Guest

Any chance that you can make this tool open source? I would like to be able to view and build the source code myself

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege

Been away awhile, im pretty sure you could turn off the oculus service when exiting the oculus app? seems like it only happens when exiting OTT now.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I have absolutely no problems using OTT, but I'm using an older version, maybe 0.84 or close.

I'm forcing ss 2.5 globally and reduce for a few select games. All games work perfectly, including new games like Cosmonious High and Tentacular.

And I'm using the Rift CV1. 

Btw, since 2017 my OTT has been set to start minimized everytime Win10 starts - also never had any issues with that. I'm still using an older version of OTT, because I do not fix things that work flawlessly.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

I don’t have a problem either but I’m pretty sure you could stop oculus service running soon as you closed the oculus app. As it stands you HAVE to exit OTT for it to stop the oculus service which why would I want to close the OTT for? This new update on OTT makes me have to close it as I don’t want oculus service running when not using it. 

@MrBluePlaydoh  I use the Oculus runtime ovr on/off option when starting up and shutting down OTT all the time because this makes it easier to switch between my 2x PCVR headsets (Vive Pro and Q2).  The VP1 Link Box on/off power button also helps.  I don't recommend starting up OTT with Win10 btw since this does not add any value to me.  I just have OTT pined to my win10 lower taskbar, next to my Oculus desktop app and startup OTT, then Oculus.

I also use the OTT audio switching options as well as some game profiles to finetune ASW and SS settings.  I recently started using FOV at 0.90:0.85 as well and this has given me a bit of a performance boost, without any actual FOV changes that I can see.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ThePixelCowboy
Protege

With the latest version, Oculus Link profiles no longer work?

Francisc074
Honored Guest

Hello Apollyon,

Its possible to change the "FOV Multiplier" on OTT instead to be a square crop to be a circle crop??!!

Thanks so much for your work

Regards

Francis

Geezik
Protege

Is the app still developed, or is it dead?