cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus earphones

god_alom
Adventurer
The oculus earphones (bought separately) is so awesome, I highly recommend it. You feel immersive, feels so awesome plus you don't need a separate cable running down your computer because you attach it to your headset. Favour it over the headphones.
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
but do they still feel like earbuds? I cannot stand earbuds at all. They drive me nuts.

I've got a sennheiser gaming setset that I love and would love to use it with the rift. That or my bose headphones. I hope the next gen has a mic and headphone jack like the vive has.

loregnum
Adventurer
Yes, the earphones are very good and an upgrade over the headphones that come with the Rift, especially in the fact they actually provide some noise isolation.

The key though is one needs to get a good seal with them otherwise they'll lose most of the bass and have poor sound. Oh and of course one has to not mind using earbuds/IEMs. I find them comfortable (at least based on these and my other set of IEMs i have) but I know many don't so the oculus earphones wouldn't be a solid option for them.

HiThere_
Superstar

loregnum said:

The key though is one needs to get a good seal with them otherwise they'll lose most of the bass and have poor sound. Oh and of course one has to not mind using earbuds/IEMs.

I purchased the CV1 earphones not long ago, and not being specially picky about audio or being used to using earphones, I found them no better no worse then the default headphones, perhaps slightly worse really. Nothing to do with the huge improvement Oculus VR was boasting for sure...

But after a few days using them I bothered pushing them in a bit more... and wow, I was playing a game with a medieval music background, and the distant music suddenly jumped to life, surrounding me in a way the default headphones didn't, with the medieval drums now resonating through my body...

Well basically I had "restored most of the bass", and replaced a poor sound with a high quality sound that made me hear each separate instrument clearly, instead of having them all bunched into one messy noise.

Because the earphones also cut outside noises they increase the immersion in that way too, but that's something you don't really notice, it's more of something you no longer notice. And it made me feel the difference between listening to medieval music on a pair of headphones, and being transported back through time and surrounded by medieval music...

Well basically I had "restored most of the surround effect", going straight from stereo to surround sound.

So yes, HUGE improvement over the default headphones, in both quality and immersion. If you don't mind wearing earphones... and know how to use them 🙂

I'm no audiophile, but feel free to go check some official audiophile reviews instead : I am not going back to headphones.

Question : The CV1 earphones already include 3 pairs of buds, but I'm thinking of buying some more spares.Will any brand do or should I be picky about it ?