cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus has your back. Quit your kicking and screaming already. How we forget.

inovator
Consultant
Many people were so upset when touch controllers were not released at launch. That decision allowed us to have the best input controller vr has 2nd to none. They could have released them earlier. But they felt having the best was worth losing an early lead. Sure vive was earlier with a crappy motion control input. I have faith that the same applies to the cv2. 
29 REPLIES 29

kzintzi
Trustee
I agree with this, plus would like to add that to get any sort of massive improvement in spec right now would mean we'd have to purchase new PC ahrdware again..

I couldn't afford to buy a 20xx series video card at the moment, and I've already spent $5000AU on VR since it launched (most of it in the initial rig build), I'm NOT interested in a new headset that costs another $600AU and requires me to shell out $1200AU on another video card.

CV2 can come in a year or so when they've got it right and it's worth the upgrade... what I have now is awesome
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I'm ready for a new headset now. I just want to buy the best available now. If a few years later Oculus brings something better to the table and I'm in a position to upgrade, I will. 

I don't have brand loyalties. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

inovator
Consultant
Nothing wrong with buying the best headset for yourself. I'm just glad that since the beginning oculus never got pushed to release something just because of pressure of the competition.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'm getting a Rift -S because I only have a Geforce 1080 and I don't intend upgrading when a Geforce 2080Ti is so expensive. I'll be happy with no more godray's and a slight bump resolution with the Rift -S.

Richooal
Consultant

RedRizla said:

I'm getting a Rift -S because I only have a Geforce 1080 .......

GTX 1060 is the recommended video card for the Rift, and you "only" have a 1080.
*sigh* ... Wish I had your problems.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

kzintzi
Trustee
got to be honest, I've never had an issue with godray's but I wear glasses full time so have them in flatland too.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

CrashFu
Consultant

RedRizla said:

I'm getting a Rift -S because I only have a Geforce 1080 and I don't intend upgrading when a Geforce 2080Ti is so expensive. I'll be happy with no more godray's and a slight bump resolution with the Rift -S.

This is a big part of it for me, too.

With my income, after I build a $1000 PC it has to last me for a solid five years or so, so the Rift-S is very likely going to be the single most impressive VR headset available to me for the forseeable future.  :sweat_smile:
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

pyroth309
Visionary

MowTin said:

I don't have brand loyalties. 

Yea same here, I don't have loyalty to a company looking for profit off me. If they offer a product that's close to a less trustworthy company *cough* HTC *Cough* that's enough to swing me their way though. When I bought my Rift, Everyone was saying I should buy a Vive but HTC was already having customer support problems.
Ultimately, I want the best product I can get for me. There's a lot of factors that goes into making that decision...which is why I don't own a Pimax. 😄

I've owned Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo etc etc. Don't like limiting myself just to help one specific CEO make millions.

Luciferous
Consultant
I am glad you have faith my friend, I hope they don't let you down.