Did you mean: 

Oculus not working with GTX980

sv_955
Honored Guest
I have Asus ROG GX700VO with GTX980 but display is not coming in Oculus 
8 REPLIES 8

Fluke
Heroic Explorer
A few of quick things to check/try - make sure the cable hasn't come loose from the headset, as it's not hardwired into it.

Make sure the Rift is plugged into your actual graphics card, and not into a HDMI slot on your motherboard.

If you've plugged the Rift into your 980 via DVI using an adapter, try swapping your monitor onto that, and plug the Rift into the HDMI port.

The Rift has a sensor inside it to detect when it's being worn, and won't show a display unless you put it on (or cover up the sensor inside).
Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.

YoLolo69
Trustee
Good advices Fluke, I'm adding, but not sure it still an issue (it was previously for sure)  : be sure both monitor and headset are plugged on the GTX980,and not one on other slot from motherboard. The monitor also need to be plugged on the GTX980.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

cybereality
Grand Champion
Did you run the compatibility tool? I know that is a powerful laptop, but there have traditionally been incompatibilities with many laptops. Can you try using different USB ports? Also, switching the video port can help, for example using a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter.
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/170128916778795
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
These advices would be usefull if he wasn't talking about laptop which ASUS ROG GX700vo is.

TravisPNW
Adventurer

mat5i6 said:

These advices would be usefull if he wasn't talking about laptop which ASUS ROG GX700vo is

How do you go about digging up a 11 month old thread to respond to as your first post?

Is it as simple as the search button?
LG CX OLED 48 / i9 10900k / RTX 3090 FE / 64GB / 3x 2TB 970 Evo Plus / Oculus Quest 2 256GB

cybereality
Grand Champion
Nice grave dig and welcome to the forum!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice grave dig and welcome to the forum!

Thanks 😄 And sorry for grave dig but just have the same issue so I've just wanted to leave the note that none of those advices works for this machine (unfortunately) so that noone will take it as resolved

Digikid1
Consultant
4cvbimbk5woo.gif