cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened my new rift last night, what a flawless and amazing experience!

ragenrok
Protege
Had my birthday last night and finally got to open my new toys!

Setup was so stupid simple, plugged 2 sensors into my pcie-usb card and my 3rd sensor+ rift into my mobo's usb 2 ports and ran the setup. Set my guardian area up and was able to use my full 10ftx7ft space no problems, I can't believe how well the tracking works. I spent 5 minutes flailing like an idiot trying to lose tracking and not once did I feel like it did, played some superhot VR and minecraft VR and holy crap is it awesome. The rift is everything I hoped it would be, also discovered DONT TRUST THE VIRTUAL TABLES! Went to put my touch controllers down only to hear a thud on my carpet, turns out that table infront of me doesnt exist lol. Let my kids (9 and 5) plus my wife try it for a while and they were all blown away by how well it works to,
vbvdj24ceca6.jpg

TDLR: The rift is amazing and worth every penny! 
10 REPLIES 10

danknugz
Superstar
you shouldnt let kids under 10 use rift cause it can lead to strabismus
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

danknugz said:

I'm only 7 and i've been using VR for 30 years man and boy with no problemos.

I feel i should point out there is/was a minimum age to "use" the Rift but i don't see any trouble myself in letting kids try it in a controlled environment.

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

elboffor
Consultant
Hells yeah.
I let my 2 year old watch henry (with me helping her by taking the weight)
She was beyond amazed and her eyeballs never burnt out also her head never fell off.
So im sure short sessions are fine
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

ragenrok said:

TDLR: The rift is amazing and worth every penny! 

Awesome, man. Glad you're enjoying it!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
Vr IS amazing! I was never a big gamer but since I first tried vr I was hooked! My oldest had gotten a gear vr for Christmas and of course I had to try it ... just wow! And I decided then I had to have my own lol. I don't have a Samsung phone so I looked into what else I could get and that's when I discovered the rift. Bought it without even demoing it. I've read that some people where/are very disappointed with the resolution... which boggles my mind! Since the moment I first tried it I was in love. Like you I too have let my kids play - ages 5,9 and 10 and they beg and plead with me everyday to play now lol. I let them a couple of times a week for short periods. Vr is great fun for single players and for family.... it's the future! It's not a novelty like some will say, it's definitely here to stay!

Thug
Heroic Explorer

danknugz said:

Yes, the same as TV will give them square eyes and driving over 25mph will make you black out.
Next you will be saying that you shouldn't let them play with guns.

* Only joking by the way 

CPU: Intel i9-10990k.
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX3080,
RAM: 32GB DDR5,
Viewed on: Oculus Quest 2 or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
Hard Drive: 2TB Samsung SSD (games), 512GB Samsung SSD (OS), 512GB SSD (3d),

Hugh_N
Protege

ragenrok said:

DONT TRUST THE VIRTUAL TABLES! Went to put my touch controllers down only to hear a thud on my carpet, turns out that table infront of me doesnt exist lol. 

And don't lean on the tables either. They aren't really there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMceVbo3Tm4

elboffor
Consultant
My friends son leant on the table in the nvidia carnival game.
I lolled
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wait until you play Elite Dangerous in VR. Your mind will be blown!

Welcome to The Future!