cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheat turns into over a month of not being able to play and now they kidnapped my Quest2

Rc007
Honored Guest

Over a month ago my headset made a nasty sound and flashed a warning screen to take it off immediately. I only had it a month and it was overheating. When I created a ticket with support they spent 3 weeks telling me to try this and that . The problems got worse and tracking issues evolved, a green dot on the screen ... and finally one day they sent an email telling me take it off,  shut it down immediately and don't use it again as I could be harmed. OOOOOO K. They sent me labels and said send it back .They said it would be a few days getting there and then they would send a replacement. The replacement never came. I spent 400 dollars on this system and haven't been able to play it with my grandson for over a month. I bought two by the way. I fear we will wear his out completely waiting for mine to come back. We can't play together on one so the fun has dissolved for me from the whole experience. I was doing thai chi in the mornings with mine and traveling in wonder. I pay for national geographic and other apps and have no use of them. All I get when I write the support team is prefab letters saying we'll look into it. 400 dollars and that is the best you can hope for . I am now finding complaints all over the web about the tracking and green dot being major problems that have been hitting many many users. I am thinking this was a major waste of hard earned money . My husband thinks I was foolish to invest in this before they had time to get it working properly. I thought this had been around long enough to invest time and money in. Obviously they haven't been able to get it right yet.

Thanks for nothing oculus team.

R.C.

0 REPLIES 0