cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIMAX 12K QLED Headset 200HZ, Face, Eye Tracking, Foveted Rendering, Full Body Tracking...

Shadowmask72
Level 15

Live now. Seems very ambitious.

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
42 REPLIES 42

ohgrant
Level 9

Yes, everyone has their own use case, though 3D is dead to most, it's actually a great time for PC3D with most of the other options like Tridef and Dolphin emu still working and a big 3D enthusiast community still working on game fixes.  Nothing to decide here I wouldn't have a PC that is not capable of 3D at this time. Cheers to you my friend  

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

@ohgrant  Maybe when you update your pc for better PCVR you can run your old pc with PC3D?  Heh, it's only money, lol!  Cheers.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

ohgrant
Level 9

That's pretty much what I'm doing now with my old Win 7 machine so it's likely if things were to improve with PC VR development it would take that spot. But at the moment it seems 3D support is more vibrant than PCVR support. As it is now only a few PCVR games can really match the perceived clarity and realism of an average PC3D game when the geo 3D is working, which is most games. 3D isn't isolated to one viewer. Frankly me needing a new computer to enjoy anything I'm interested in playing at full res in VR is respectfully a figment of your imagination. lol, I'm not at all talking about building a PC, just the opposite. I'm talking not building one or even making a decision until all info is out. AMD has been known to over sell their tech with BS and their drivers often take a while to catch up. Still if no great new games like Alyx, MOH... on the horizon.  It's likely that slot will be filled with a PS5 with VR.  I'm not in it for video card bragging rights. I'd rather play Assassins' Creed Odyssey in 3D than another greyscale zombie slasher in VR. May you find your way as satisfying    

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.