cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSVR 2 4k and Eye Tracking?

pyroth309
Visionary

https://uploadvr.com/psvr-playstation-4k-eye/

Looks like Sony agrees that 4k resolution is the target to hit. PSVR 2 is looking like a serious VR kit.

15 REPLIES 15

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Nice! And they are doing real math, hence calling it 4K. If they were doing that Pimax math tho... lol

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

Fingers crossed as this all sound fantastic, and the present PSVR is a nice bit of kit but it was let down by the horrible ancient PS move controllers Sony threw into the pot, so some on Sony, don't drop the ball now. ha

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

inovator2
Expert Protege

I'm looking forward to the psvrs incredible haptics this will have especially the haptics in the headset. I believe if not on launch a 2nd psvr2 with a wireless option will come out. 

Yea, I'm thinking it will be upscaled to 4k though. Still, I'd prefer that at this point over seeing SDE.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star

vr apex legends and vr call of duty warzone on this or just fishing games and wander in the garden games?

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

These is even talk that this HMD will work on the PC, the original worked on the PC but it had no tracking so it was only 3DOF, so this one could end up being quite popular on PCVR with the help of the modders.

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

It's looking better and better - and the great PS5 processor power may give some hope for high-poly next-gen PCVR games. 

Was really close to get a PS5, but I'll be awaiting PSVR2 reviews first - and also await what new VR content will be available for launch.  

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

Good luck actually getting a PS5 without paying scalper prices though. Last I checked, scalpers were still cornering the market.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

@RuneSR2 wrote:

It's looking better and better - and the great PS5 processor power may give some hope for high-poly next-gen PCVR games. 

The fact that the gaming takes place in VR is what makes it "next gen." Adding more image quality doesn't advance the generation for the gaming experience.

Just like adding more layers to a cake doesn't make it a next generation pastry lol