cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing videos from a folder, which is not shown in the gallery, with an app inside the Oculus app

King555a
Explorer
When I do not want that videos in a folder on my Android device appear for example in the gallery, I have to put an empty file there with the name ".nomedia". This works, but this blocks me from playing these videos from apps within the Oculus app.

Is there a workaround for that? For me it does not make sense that my film collection is shown in the picture gallery (outside of the Oculus app). But with the ".nomedia" trick it seems that no app at all is able to play these files (they are simply not shown). Are there any settings I did not find yet, do I have to use another app for video playing, ...?

I have a Samsung Gear VR, but I think it's a more general questions, that's why I posted in the General category.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

King555a
Explorer
Now I use Deo VR for playing videos and this app ignores the .nomedia file. So my problem is solved.
EDIT: Meanwhile I use the SKYBOX VR Video Player, which is the best player so far for VR.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

King555a
Explorer
Now I use Deo VR for playing videos and this app ignores the .nomedia file. So my problem is solved.
EDIT: Meanwhile I use the SKYBOX VR Video Player, which is the best player so far for VR.