cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor tracking / tracking problem with 1.13 (single sensor setup)

xWildchildx
Explorer
Hi all,
everything was perfect before the 1.13 update, I basically play Assetto Corsa in my Playseat Challenge setup so I just move my head from a fixed position. After the 1.13 update there's something wrong with the sensor tracking, I try to explain...
My sensor is fixed and my playseat too, so the only change was the new 1.13 software.
After the update, while driving in Assetto Corsa but also in the Oculus Home, I notice that I have random wrong tracking with my head...as the sensore lose tracking for a second and then come back again.
It appears often and is really annoying while driving, as you can imagine. I have no error or notifications.

Any suggestion? Could the 1.13 new software change something on the single sensor tracking way to operate? The head movement are smooth and works also if I turn the head 180°, the problem seems to be related only on front facing oculus in the sensor direction. Everything else on my room setup it's still the same, I tried reboot, check connections several time, check "USB 3.0" in the Oculus>Settings>Device panel and everything is ok.

Thanks in advance,
Wildchild
Thermaltake Element G - Corsair TX850W - ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero - Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5GHz (1.230V) - Noctua NH-D15 - 16GB DDR4 3.466Mhz Corsair (2x8GB) CAS16  - Samsung 950 PRO  M.2 NVMe 256GB - GTX 980Ti Inno3D iChill Black Accelero Hybrid S - Windows 10 PRO 64bit - Panasonic CXM710 50" 4K LED - Oculus Rift CV1
37 REPLIES 37

kzintzi
Trustee
I found the height reset option in configure devices and it solved my immediate issue - will see how often it happens.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
Hate to ask this question: You reset sensor tracking after updating to 1.13, right?
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

crazygnu
Honored Guest

Hi all,
everything was perfect before the 1.13 update, I basically play Assetto Corsa in my Playseat Challenge setup so I just move my head from a fixed position. After the 1.13 update there's something wrong with the sensor tracking, I try to explain...
My sensor is fixed and my playseat too, so the only change was the new 1.13 software.
After the update, while driving in Assetto Corsa but also in the Oculus Home, I notice that I have random wrong tracking with my head...as the sensore lose tracking for a second and then come back again.
It appears often and is really annoying while driving, as you can imagine. I have no error or notifications.

Any suggestion? Could the 1.13 new software change something on the single sensor tracking way to operate? The head movement are smooth and works also if I turn the head 180°, the problem seems to be related only on front facing oculus in the sensor direction. Everything else on my room setup it's still the same, I tried reboot, check connections several time, check "USB 3.0" in the Oculus>Settings>Device panel and everything is ok.

Thanks in advance,
Wildchild

Hi all,
sadly I have exactly the same issue and a relay similar setup.

And yes I did run "Reset Default View in VR" and even full setup, but it didn't change anything.
I also tried the beta channel, without any noticeable difference. 

Playing nearly exclusive seated flight sims (WarThunder / DCS) this kind of tacker hopping is hardcore annoying.

Hoping for a fix or workaround  😕

BR
crazy

xWildchildx
Explorer

Xsjadia said:

Hate to ask this question: You reset sensor tracking after updating to 1.13, right?

Don't you worry, Yes I did, I ran a full setup too without difference after that.
Thermaltake Element G - Corsair TX850W - ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero - Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5GHz (1.230V) - Noctua NH-D15 - 16GB DDR4 3.466Mhz Corsair (2x8GB) CAS16  - Samsung 950 PRO  M.2 NVMe 256GB - GTX 980Ti Inno3D iChill Black Accelero Hybrid S - Windows 10 PRO 64bit - Panasonic CXM710 50" 4K LED - Oculus Rift CV1

mike5560
Honored Guest
Same issue here. I have my sensor plugged into a USB 2.0 port; but tracking has been great until recently it's unplayable.

Micro666
Expert Protege
I have 2 front facing sensors (I know the thread is for people with one), but just wanted to add that I got upgraded from 1.12 to 1.13 yesterday, and have had no issues at all. Tracking is spot on, no height issues, no jitter at all. Tracking is as good as it was in 1.12 for me.

I'm on Windows 10, Intel Core i7 3770K, 32GB RAM, and an nVidia GTX 1080 if it's relevant.

Micro666

DanG1
Honored Guest

crazygnu said:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,
Wildchild

Hi all,
sadly I have exactly the same issue and a relay similar setup.

And yes I did run "Reset Default View in VR" and even full setup, but it didn't change anything.
I also tried the beta channel, without any noticeable difference. 

Playing nearly exclusive seated flight sims (WarThunder / DCS) this kind of tacker hopping is hardcore annoying.

Hoping for a fix or workaround  😕

BR
crazy

Hi,

Same scenario for me. 

Is there anyway to downgrade to 1.12?

Thanks

vicpopo
Honored Guest
Hi ,
i havé the same problem on my motion rig since the last update !
I wrote a thread with the same subject !The view bounces each 20 secondes on my simulator with assetto corsa and pcars exactly the same problem !!

xWildchildx
Explorer

kzintzi said:

I found the height reset option in configure devices and it solved my immediate issue - will see how often it happens.

Tried this but doesn't works for me... 😞