cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price drop in Europe, Meta being prejudice ?

Suppenkoch
Protege

Update 2023.03.17: Meta listened, I reached out again they finally gave me 95€. The employee was very kind and helpful and he excused for his colleague. Thanks Meta, you got me back.

Hi there,

today in Europa the price was revelead. Meta Quest Pro went down to 1199,99€.

I ordered mine at full price as one of the early adopters in Germany. Through Reddit I learned Meta is willing to credit the early adopters to their Meta accounts for their support and loyalty. So I reached out to the customers service of Meta only to learn, that Meta is making a difference from which country their customers are. The customer service explained me, only customers from UK and US are credited, others not.

So by my understanding people from UK and US are more important or more valued to Meta than other people on Earth. As Meta claims they stand for equality and diversity, I can no more believe them. Acting is different to claiming. That is actual discrimination of their customers by their roots. And trust me, I am from the country whoms ancestors perfectionized discrimination, I pretty well understand what it is.

I am really sad for you Meta.

13 REPLIES 13

Yep, I thought it was weird too. But I confirmed it with them.
Supposedly it was on the Blog.

They knew nothing of the store credit.
I'll check tomorrow again.

An Update.
I email support asking about the refund of the difference.
I also said that other people had been given credit. eg. Approx $100 USD.

They replied and gave me $150 AUD credit. eg. $100 USD.

No comment on the refund. The guy must have been mistaken about that.

Hey, glad you got the credit, yeah the refund sounded like confusion at their end. I still haven't spent all of my credit but the new titles that were announced the other day will change that!

Thanks. The full difference would have been nice.

I wonder if it can be used for the Quest 3 purchase.
But I'll spend my credit before the end of the day. lol.