cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price drop in Europe, Meta being prejudice ?

Suppenkoch
Protege

Update 2023.03.17: Meta listened, I reached out again they finally gave me 95€. The employee was very kind and helpful and he excused for his colleague. Thanks Meta, you got me back.

Hi there,

today in Europa the price was revelead. Meta Quest Pro went down to 1199,99€.

I ordered mine at full price as one of the early adopters in Germany. Through Reddit I learned Meta is willing to credit the early adopters to their Meta accounts for their support and loyalty. So I reached out to the customers service of Meta only to learn, that Meta is making a difference from which country their customers are. The customer service explained me, only customers from UK and US are credited, others not.

So by my understanding people from UK and US are more important or more valued to Meta than other people on Earth. As Meta claims they stand for equality and diversity, I can no more believe them. Acting is different to claiming. That is actual discrimination of their customers by their roots. And trust me, I am from the country whoms ancestors perfectionized discrimination, I pretty well understand what it is.

I am really sad for you Meta.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Chundvar
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @Suppenkoch! To my knowledge there should be no bias as to where the headset was purchased, as long as it is in a supported country. I would recommend trying to contact support again and see your options. 

Feel free to reach out with simple questions! For any troubleshooting please make a post or reach out to our wonderful email, chat, and callback support team here: https://metaque.st/Support

View solution in original post

I didn’t realise there was any reimbursement on offer until I read your post @Suppenkoch so I started a chat with support last night and managed to get the £100 store credit that seems to be what they’re offering.

As @Chundvar says try again, either via a support ticket or as I did via chat. Chat seems to be a bit hidden away these days but if you go to the support website and choose Quest 2 rather than Quest Pro, then select any of the options it should take you eventually to an option to chat.

At the end of the chat I said I was a mod on this forum and could I tell forum members that there was a policy to give credit. They said that I should advise people that they each ‘reach out to them’ so it seems there isn’t a policy as such, just treated on a case by case basis. I guess there may be a budget allocation for this maybe but be persistent… and keep it friendly. I agree, there should definitely not be a location restriction.

Make sure you have your headset serial no. a screenshot of your receipt, and the order no. ready. Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Chundvar
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @Suppenkoch! To my knowledge there should be no bias as to where the headset was purchased, as long as it is in a supported country. I would recommend trying to contact support again and see your options. 

Feel free to reach out with simple questions! For any troubleshooting please make a post or reach out to our wonderful email, chat, and callback support team here: https://metaque.st/Support

I didn’t realise there was any reimbursement on offer until I read your post @Suppenkoch so I started a chat with support last night and managed to get the £100 store credit that seems to be what they’re offering.

As @Chundvar says try again, either via a support ticket or as I did via chat. Chat seems to be a bit hidden away these days but if you go to the support website and choose Quest 2 rather than Quest Pro, then select any of the options it should take you eventually to an option to chat.

At the end of the chat I said I was a mod on this forum and could I tell forum members that there was a policy to give credit. They said that I should advise people that they each ‘reach out to them’ so it seems there isn’t a policy as such, just treated on a case by case basis. I guess there may be a budget allocation for this maybe but be persistent… and keep it friendly. I agree, there should definitely not be a location restriction.

Make sure you have your headset serial no. a screenshot of your receipt, and the order no. ready. Let us know how it goes.

Suppenkoch
Protege

@Chundvar& @DaftnDirect 

Thanks for reaching out. I tried again and was successful. Meta listened and gifted me 95€ for being an early adopter in Germany. Thanks for the help! This time the Meta employee was very kind and helpful.

Chundvar
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there @Suppenkoch! No worries! Always happy to help out. 

DerrickOlley
Honored Guest

Everywhere they write about equality and idealistic distribution of products! But in fact, there are clients more acceptable for the company, and there are less suitable ones, it has always been like  this and wakes up like that! But you need to stand up for your rights !

vastness
Protege

I just spoke to Meta. They couldn't help me.
They said that that promotion has ended.
They did say that they were price-matching the new price to the Pre-order price.

They said to keep an eye out on the blog post for when the promotion comes up again.
I doubt it ever came up in the first place.

You be a loyal customer buying every product they made and they can't look after you.

mmm not sure what they mean by price matching to the pre-order price, this was all about reimbursing people who paid the original order price so it wasn't a promotion, just compensation, so I'm a bit confused there!

I would suggest trying again, you'll get a different person who may have a different view on the subject. It took 2 goes for @Suppenkoch to get the store credit.

As I mentioned in this thread, just keep it polite and friendly when asking. It may be that it was indeed a time-limited offer and the compensation has ended... or they reached the limit of their budget for this, which would be a shame but try one more time as Suppenkoch did.

I was going to say that you could mention I've advised you to ask... but I doubt my name carries any weight at all 😐

They said they would refund the difference.
eg. $769 AUD as the Australian headset was $2499 and down to $1729.99
They did go off and speak to someone (so they said)
But that promo was finished.
I'll try again tomorrow.

I was polite and said I was disappointed being a loyal customer but will look at the Blog site.
I said I was told to ask them as other people had gotten store credit but they said that the promo was finished but keep looking at the blog post when it comes up again.

I'll try using your name and see how it goes. 🙂 

I'm still slightly confused! they said they would refund the difference? I mean that's great if they do and much better than we got. If so you don't need the store credit.

I didn't think that was a thing though and as far as I know we all just got the £100 store credit, no price match refund.