cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Problems

Preacher_Beans
Honored Guest

I recently bought a Quest 2 and for some reason, whenever I look at my controllers, make sudden movements when I play a game like Pavlov Shack VR (The App Lab version) or even look down at my body, my headset crashes, I really need some help, I've spent over an hour trying to see what the problem is and nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your reply @Preacher_Beans, the information you provided was very helpful. We would like to rule out the cause of this issue being on the software side and therefore will ask you to please perform a factory reset of your device. We suggest that before you perform the factory reset to ensure your Cloud Backup is enabled. 

If the factory reset does not provide a change in your headset, then please send us a PM so we can collect some sensitive information and provide additional support. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Preacher_Beans! We are sad to hear you are having issues with your headset crashing while playing Pavlov Shack. We know that crashes are never good, so we want to help get you back to a smooth VR gaming experience as soon as possible. We want to get a little bit of a better understanding of the issue you are facing so we can provide the correct support. Please answer the questions below.

• Are you only experiencing this issue while playing Pavlov Shack, or are you also having this issue with other games?
  • Can you elaborate on what happens when the headset crashes? Does the headset turn off or reboot?
  • Does this happen when in Standalone or also when connect to your PC?

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We look forward to your reply.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Sorry it took me so long, was pretty busy as of late but thank you for the response

It only happens when in standalone, (Haven't connected to my PC yet), but when it crashes it doesn't turn off the headset, just reboots but the strangest thing is it's not just on Pavlov, it's in nearly every game, do you think it might be a faulty sensor? I was told by a friend of mine that could be it, but he also referred me to here to get my problem sorted.

Thank you for your reply @Preacher_Beans, the information you provided was very helpful. We would like to rule out the cause of this issue being on the software side and therefore will ask you to please perform a factory reset of your device. We suggest that before you perform the factory reset to ensure your Cloud Backup is enabled. 

If the factory reset does not provide a change in your headset, then please send us a PM so we can collect some sensitive information and provide additional support. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Did as you asked, and now I'm no longer having that issue, thank you! 

Hi again @Preacher_Beans! We're glad to hear that the issue has been resolved! If you ever have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach back out to us at any time! Have a wonderful rest of your day and a happy holiday season!