cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 prices are going up on 1st August

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Meta has just announced that they are raising the price of the Quest 2 by $100 on 1st August. The 128GB Quest 2 will be $399 and the 256GB will be $499.

https://www.oculus.com/blog/meta-quest-2-pricing-changes/

The price of accessories is going up too (but they haven't said by how much).

If you buy a Quest 2 between August 1 and December 31, you will get a free copy of Beat Saber.

So if you want a Quest 2, might be a good idea to grab one before Monday, then not set it up until the new Meta account system replaces Facebook accounts in August (not sure when in August).

The blog above also mentions Cambria coming out later this year, but that's going to be WAY more expensive than this and isn't a Quest replacement.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
27 REPLIES 27

@DaftnDirect  Ya, good point that maybe Meta will offer a headset-only version that would allow you to use current Q2 controllers.  This could drop the buy in price down us$300 (~ what you paid for your backup Q2 today) to then only cost us$1,200.  This may make it a bit more interesting for some.  All should be revealed over the next couple of months I guess.

Anyway, good you bought a backup Q2.  Now you can just about guarantee your original Q2 will last forever, lol!  Cheers.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Yeah, and I hope it's not going to be dollars to pound parity :-S 

All these things add up!

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.2075)

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I'll hold off believing Cambria / Quest 2 controller compatibility until I see it.

There's a history of that not happening, except for the Quest 1 / Rift-S, but those came out on the same day.

They won't even allow the Oculus Remote (which needs no tracking at all, just a few buttons, should be easy) to work on any headset besides the CV1.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

@kojack  Ya, seeing will be believing mate!

Prices went up aud$150 today at my local Amazon Aussie store.  The 128/256Gb versions (both in stock) are now aud$630/790 respectively.  The new Quest Pro (aka Cambria) is probably going to be ~aud$2,300, yikes!  Maybe only aud$1,800 for the headset only, lol!  Cheers.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Not bad, the current exchange rate is $150au = $104us.

@kojack wrote:

Not bad, the current exchange rate is $150au = $104us.

Ya, and that includes our local 10% GST (tax).

P0PT4RD
Level 4

If the additional prices can help stabilize the current gap in hardware durability/availability I'm all for it.

How many times have I wanted to buy an accessory only to find even the official oculus store and not just it's outlets were sold out with no idea when stocks would renew. >.<

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

It does seem they never learned from previous headsets that they've never made enough controllers for the demand.