cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Pro - User Reviews

Well, it's arrived!!!

I thought it would be a good idea to have a go-to thread to post user reviews of the headset and controllers, so here it is.

I'm probably not going to post my review until I've had a week or 2's use out of it, but if anyone feels like sharing first impressions or in-depth views, feel free to post them here.

...and if you've received your headset today, congratulations, hope you're having some fun 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

kojack
MVP
MVP

Cool, thanks.

What they really need is for the 2 front facing cameras to be part of the IPD adjustment system so they match the lens movement. That way no 3d reconstruction of the image is needed.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

@kojack wrote:

Cool, thanks.

What they really need is for the 2 front facing cameras to be part of the IPD adjustment system so they match the lens movement. That way no 3d reconstruction of the image is needed.

Maybe then it would be a $2.000 headset, lol!  Just kidding.  To be honest, the passthrough is not a big deal for me right now.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

It feels a little different from previous headset IPD adjustments, in that even though the screens are moving, the image doesn't seem to separate when you move the lenses/screens, the image seems to be set and fixed.

It feels the same as when your optician adjusts lens IPD when setting you glasses. Your view stays the same, just the lenses move to suit your eyes. The image seems to be correct (at least for me it does), even though it's set, the IPD adjustment appears to just changes the centre of the lenses and really just seems to change the stereo overlap and the overall FOV.

Edit:

I wonder if image separation is set using the eye tracking, and you change the lens/screen IPD manually to suit your preference. Or whether pancake lenses have this effect of not appearing to alter the image separation? I haven't read anything about eye tracking being used for this so I'm assuming it doesn't.