cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Meta Link with Quest 2

FunkyPoba
Honored Guest

Is there anyone out there who has linked their oculus quest 2 up to a gaming PC and it works?

9 REPLIES 9

Of course

RoastPork
Retired Support

It's one of the appeals of Quest 2! Play games on the headset itself, or play PCVR games with the Meta Link cable or by using AirLink to connect wirelessly.

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

Thimus
Honored Guest

Yep.

Every day.

@FunkyPoba if you're having problems with Link, let us know. Someone will be able to point you in the right direction. Include your PC specs and whether you're having problems with wired or wireless link... or both.

Titan_363
Explorer

Yes, I have been racing online in Raceroom Racing Exprience, rFactor 2, Project Cars 1 & 2 and a couple others on Steam. I used the U c link cable and used the air link wifi (not at same time) and they both worked for me until last week (first week of march 2023).At that time I started having issues with the Gaudian needing reset every 5 to 15 minutes until I was banned from one of my games for wiping out half the field during a live event when the guardian interrupted me at 180 miles per hour, lets just say RAGE quitting would be mild compared to my immediate reaction. I promise you the Quest 2 IS NOT bullet proof, at least not against 9mm. Now I got to scrape up another $400.00 cause I'm addicted.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA, Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 5.30GHz, G Skill Ripjaws DDR4 4000 8Gx4, ASUS Demon Slayer GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12GB, Microsoft Windows 11 Home

Titan_363
Explorer

Oh, also I had to have "Virtual Desktop Streamer" software. I downloaded mine from Home | Virtual Desktop (vrdesktop.net)https://www.vrdesktop.net/ 

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA, Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 5.30GHz, G Skill Ripjaws DDR4 4000 8Gx4, ASUS Demon Slayer GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12GB, Microsoft Windows 11 Home

@Titan_363 that's not good! I can really understand getting annoyed if that happens... I'd have to rely on something like a hammer though because, y'know... UK laws.

I haven't noticed any reliability changes recently, usually you can pin it down to a USB/cable issue or Windows setting change following an update... I think there was a big Windows update recently, but if it's air link too, and guardian resets, something maybe got corrupted, or a sensor failure is possible.

A factory reset can help if it wasn't hardware related but only before shooting 😐

Yes, I actually got on these forums to see if others had the issue as well. I got an update to 11 as you said, but it seemed to me that my Quest 2 also did a download, not sure but there was something about the screen layout seemed different. That Horizon Worlds. I had not even heard of that until that week the trouble started. Is it possible that I just got that update, did it make changes to the appearance of the general layout? As you mentioned the USB C cable being a primary culprit, that was also my first assumption, because I have wheeled over it before in my chair, and those connection ports are always suspect to me, just not very robust and don't handle sideloads well, hence the Velcro tie for supporting the cable I suppose, but It still charged, and I assumed that to rule out the jack, and when air link had same results I assume the cable to be ok. So I lean towards software issue or a sensor possibly. resetting it with different guardian set ups, I mostly used stationary mode, but set up different sized areas same results. I don't know of it being dropped or struck and a key issue also, I had severe weather and several power outages that week, one was during Windows update, I suffered a hard drive failure and major issues getting my system recovered. "UPDATING WINDOWS, DO NOT POWER OFF YOUR MACHINE", lol.  It had been a very bad week for me, and very, very bad couple of months in lead up, and I kinda got triggered, (lol get it, triggered, lol I crack me up)  Thats my computer in my avitar its my only real pleasure these days, Took my a long time to acquire the parts and build it. It's built in the corner of my room, on the wall. Its actually a false wall with a 3 1/2 inch dead space between it and the real wall, for ventilation of the MOBO and radiators. My first water cooled build, I think its cool, about 30 degrees Celsius cool, lol did it again.

Thanks for the chat, does anyone know if FunkyPoba got up and going? I hope so.

I have similar doubts about the robustness of USB C connectors, there seems to be a very small click  and small amount of travel when it connects compared to Apple lightning for example. Not sure what the respective capabilities are though with simultaneous charging, data, video etc

i wondered if USB C was designed to more easily disconnect if you snag the cable. Unfortunately I did that with one of my Q2s, caught my foot in the cable when it was charging and the headset flew across the room, so I’d definitely didn’t disconnect easily then! The connected at the headset only worked with cables plugged in one way round after that. I ended up giving that one to be brother.