cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on a possible fourth sensor

Cavediver
Protege
I have a three sensor setup and it's working really well.  I probably don't need to do #4 but I was curious about a possible configuration.  My question specifically is the placement of the 4th sensor:

Right now I have a rectangular room with two sensors on the front wall and one sensor behind and to the left.  If you stand in the center of the play area with 12 noon directly forward, my sensors are at approximately 10 and 2 with 5' between them.  The third sensor is behind and to the left in the corner, let's say at 7.

Finally, the question!  Must I place the fourth sensor in the other corner?  Or can I place it to my right say at the 3 o'clock position?
4 REPLIES 4

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
On a piece of paper draw a rectangle the shape of your room. Draw three dots at the positions of your sensors. Next, draw a cone starting from each sensor. Look at the diagram and ask yourself two questions: which area of my room has not been covered by my three sensors? Where do I put the fourth sensor to cover the uncovered?

cybereality
Grand Champion
If the 3 sensors are working, just be happy and don't mess with things.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer

Oculus Warns Against Using More Than Three Sensors For Rift And Touch

http://uploadvr.com/oculus-sensors-setup/

They have a pic in the article that shows what oculus recommends for 3 sensors that covers the whole room.

Cavediver
Protege
I'm sticking with three - I may try to mount them a bit higher and see if it improves things, but I have to be honest... except for some very slight issues right at floor level (i.e. picking up a dropped weapon in Dead and Buried) it's been fantastic.