cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random fun post; If you could bring back any classic 90s/Early 2000 game into VR, what would it be?

Rayvolution
Heroic Explorer
So, I've been playing alot of DooM and Duke3d via VR mods on my Rift, they're a blast. It's really fun playing these really old pixelated games in full VR. It got me thinking what other old games I'd love to see in VR.

High on the list for me is the entire Wing Commander series, Freelancer, Tie Fighter and basically every other old school space space flight game. Mech Warrior II - Mercenaries would also be a blast, that was my first Mechwarrior game and I think it'll be ideal for a retro-VR experience.

Another series that comes to mind would be the original Tomb Raider triology, those game's third person camera and play style would be perfect for VR.

What would your classic VR game be?

192 REPLIES 192

LZoltowski
Champion
Tron 2.0
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
and Star Trek: Voyager – Elite Force
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RobHermans
Superstar
Sonic the Hedgehog (MegaDrive/Genesis version) in the style of Lucky's Tale ❤️

Rayvolution
Heroic Explorer

Sonic the Hedgehog (MegaDrive/Genesis version) in the style of Lucky's Tale ❤️

Wouldn't that just end up being Sonic Adventure with different levels? 🙂

RobHermans
Superstar

Rayvolution said:

Nay idea, I never played that Sonic Adventure. I'll take your word for it, though.

Ok, how about Unreal Tournament? Played that a hell of a lot at the time. 🙂

Rayvolution
Heroic Explorer

Rayvolution said:

Nay idea, I never played that Sonic Adventure. I'll take your word for it, though.

Ok, how about Unreal Tournament? Played that a hell of of a lot at the time. 🙂

ohh, or the original Unreal!

RobHermans
Superstar
Road Rash >:)

GenetixStudio
Superstar
Sim City

marikcraven
Expert Protege
Discs of Tron