cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random fun post; If you could bring back any classic 90s/Early 2000 game into VR, what would it be?

Rayvolution
Heroic Explorer
So, I've been playing alot of DooM and Duke3d via VR mods on my Rift, they're a blast. It's really fun playing these really old pixelated games in full VR. It got me thinking what other old games I'd love to see in VR.

High on the list for me is the entire Wing Commander series, Freelancer, Tie Fighter and basically every other old school space space flight game. Mech Warrior II - Mercenaries would also be a blast, that was my first Mechwarrior game and I think it'll be ideal for a retro-VR experience.

Another series that comes to mind would be the original Tomb Raider triology, those game's third person camera and play style would be perfect for VR.

What would your classic VR game be?

192 REPLIES 192

Rayvolution
Heroic Explorer

Tron 2.0

woah! ... why was that post delayed and doubled? ... apologies for the large font 

I just thought you were super, super, super, super excited for Tron! 😉

RobHermans
Superstar
^^+1

marikcraven
Expert Protege

@marikcraven That one?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJAEmOtLZHg 

Yes!!! But they shouldn't update the sound at all!

Rayvolution
Heroic Explorer

It went into the spam queue, and I just approved it. Don't worry, I approved your account so that won't happen to you again.

To the OP question: Spectre VR for sure (one of the early polygon games for PC). Maybe Blast Corps (old N64 destruction game). Pilot Wings or Prop Cycle. First person Virtua Fighter would be sick. And not a classic game, but what about Fight Night? 

That explains what happened to be a few days ago, was trying to post and then quickly edit said post, the entire database freaked out on me, the post deleted, I posted it again, it deleted again.. Seemed like the Database gods had it in for me. 😉

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
How about VR Rampage?  Remember that game where the giant Ape and Lizard smashed buildings and ate people?  You could redo it from a couple different angles.  Have two people being the Ape and Lizard, then you could have people inside the buildings attacking them from the inside, or people driving the little tanks and helicopters. 
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Rainbow Six Rogue Spear... (Initial release dateAugust 31, 1999)

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

LZoltowski
Champion
actually ..... F.E.A.R ! would be perfect ...
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

mambo1888
Rising Star

actually ..... F.E.A.R ! would be perfect ...

I played F.E.A.R a little using VorpX but it was too zoomed would be cool if they made a proper VR version, along with dead space (as a fps though)

mambo1888
Rising Star
A game based on the movie Wreck-It-Ralph would be cool combing a lot classic arcade titles in a Virtual arcade world!!

Dchapzx
Protege
Anyone remember the green wireframe game Battle Zone with tanks I loved that game and now they are bringing it back in VR ... 

http://www.battlezone.com/