cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflection inside the Rift DK2.

freshflesh1
Honored Guest
At least this is what I first thought it was...

After changing the lenses over to B cups, I noticed some kind of reflection when on Tuscany, as though there was light coming from the rear of the Rift, so I changed back to A cups and it was still there.

I then tested the configuration app and it was more prevalent there, as it is darker. It was only noticed after moving the Rift away from my face slightly that is was actually a word reflecting on the lens, the word is Oculus VR spelt backwards and upside down. You can see this better when on the Start screen before going into the desk part.

Anyone else noticed this, it kills the experience for me now, as it's all I seem to notice. Apologies if it has now done the same to others.
3 REPLIES 3

nicorose
Honored Guest
WTF? Is that on the lens? or on the screen? Maybe a first Burnin? :mrgreen:

freshflesh1
Honored Guest
The easiest way to see it, is to look directly at the large TV screen with Oculus VR and the Start icon underneath. Look at it so it's perfectly centered in your view. To the right and slightly down you will notice a little faded and white image. If you focus on that image you will notice it's actually writing reflecting on the lens.

It's as though there is 'Oculus VR' written somewhere between the screen and lens inside the Rift, then reflecting on the lens.

twisteklabs
Heroic Explorer
This could be the very common (in Google Cardboard HMD) light shining off of the DK2 insides that are getting reflected back by the screen. Ideally if the surface hidden from us (in front of the screen) is dark, this should not be a problem.
Could someone check their DK2 to see if this is the reason?
CPU: Intel i5-4690K Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC