cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relax! Facebook will help bring VR to the global masses

Godselite2
Honored Guest
At first I was skeptical of the acquisition but if you believe in the Oculus team and you can sense their passion for VR as I am sure you have, then you should all relax and know that they made the best decision in joining forces with Facebook.

You should be happy for these following reasons:

1. Oculus can now leverage Facebook's billion+ user base to reach more people.
2. Facebook will give Oculus the exposure it needs to the global market.
3. "Unlimited" resources will mean stronger buying power, a faster building process, the BEST VR tech in the world and 1000 other benefits.
4. OCULUS IS BIGGER THAN A GAMING COMPANY! Open your minds people. Oculus and VR is going to extend past games. Games will be at the core but VR is going to change the entire communications, education and entertainment industries.
5. Things are going to happen a lot faster now. Faster than anyone could have ever even predicted. Remember, mass market appeal is the ultimate goal and the Facebook groups and the Oculus group both WANT that to happen for obvious reasons.

Stop being afraid of Zuckerberg and Facebook. Facebook is helping change the world by connecting people and ideas as lightning fast speeds which is helping humanity as a whole move forward in a positive direction. VR is destined to happen and Facebook's infrastructure and resources will help it happen even faster.

I am happy for this as a VR enthusiast.
20 REPLIES 20

jltate
Honored Guest
If you truly believe this then you didn't believe in VR to begin with. Working VR sells itself. It didn't need Facebook to be big.

Edit to remove hyperbole now that I've slept on it. Still not happy, but world not ending.