cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Notes for Rift - Oculus App 1.6

cybereality
Grand Champion

Here's what's changed in the Rift ecosystem recently.

Release 1.6

We've improved the Oculus Store and your Oculus Library in the following ways:

• Coming Soon: Check out future apps and games, and get notified when titles you like are ready.
  • Improved Downloads: You can now choose how much bandwidth to use for Oculus downloads. Also, downloads now resume seamlessly if interrupted.
  • Automatic Updates: Games and apps installed on your computer from the Oculus Store can now be automatically updated whenever a new version is released.
  • User Ratings: Rate games and apps, and also see how highly other users have rated an app. User ratings are only available in VR, from Oculus Home.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
72 REPLIES 72

LZoltowski
Champion
Resuming downloads, excellent
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Qba73
Protege
any changes under the hood to the hardware?
I9 13900k @ 6.0ghz AC (water), Asus Z690 Apex, 64gb gskill 5800 DDR5, Aorus 4090 Waterforce @ 3ghz

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
People are reporting a HMD firmware update. Any release note for what it does?

korgen63
Protege
Can we expect a fix for HDMI and USB3 issues some day?

LZoltowski
Champion
@korgen63   it's a bit of a mixed bag, a lot of it is to do with the drivers of manufacturers of your components, for example Nvidia has released new drivers for 1070/1080 today that has fixed a lot of issues for VR users .... that VR HMD manufacturers could not have done themselves
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Belgor
Protege
After the update, I am suddenly having problems with the remote getting turned off and I can only get it working again by running the setup and reconnecting it.

Then it works for a few minutes and turns off again, if I for instance watch a 360 movie using Virtual Desktop.
It does not turn on even if I go to Oculus Home. The controller still works fine everywhere.

So far the only way I found to get it working again is re-pairing it with the Oculus, but that gets really annoying to keep on doing.

Could it be some kind of a new timeout function you have implemented in the new update, which it's not able to wake it self up from?

I havn't had any problems with it before this update 😞

Edit: I did some more testing, where I stayed inside Oculus home and that was enough to turn the remote off. So its not related to anything else than the update, Oculus hardware and Oculus home.

Battery indicator says its 4/4.

Again using Add Remote finds it and makes it work for some minutes until it turns it self off.

Edit2: After turning all power off and waiting a bit, then turning it back on, it seems like it works again. When I installed the update, I just rebooted. It seems like it had to loose power completely for a "reset" of some kind. So status is that currently everything seems to work again.

riesgo
Honored Guest
My sensor and remote were disconnected for some reason and didn't update their firmware they still have the old versions, and since the headset updated its not running the update again,  I checked the firmware numbers and they are the older ones. How can I get the manual update, the auto version is not working anymore or showing in the menu?

Anonymous
Not applicable
After nVidia and Oculus update everything looks smoother and colorful. Blacks are blacks and not grey anymore ! Dirt Rally is amazing with 90fps and deep colors !

blanes
Rising Star
Really ? I don't see any difference at all in brightness, contrast, colour or black levels ... placebo effect ?