cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Notes for Rift - Oculus App 1.6

cybereality
Grand Champion

Here's what's changed in the Rift ecosystem recently.

Release 1.6

We've improved the Oculus Store and your Oculus Library in the following ways:

• Coming Soon: Check out future apps and games, and get notified when titles you like are ready.
  • Improved Downloads: You can now choose how much bandwidth to use for Oculus downloads. Also, downloads now resume seamlessly if interrupted.
  • Automatic Updates: Games and apps installed on your computer from the Oculus Store can now be automatically updated whenever a new version is released.
  • User Ratings: Rate games and apps, and also see how highly other users have rated an app. User ratings are only available in VR, from Oculus Home.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
72 REPLIES 72

Steffen
Protege
I just deleted the sdk folder and rebooted my Pc. The debug performance is still in the games. Tried looking for an app to uninstall in the windows remove window, but can not seem to find it.

Steffen
Protege
@LZoltowski Thanks for the help. I just found out that I also had the folder in downloads. Keep forgetting the difference between Microsoft windows and Mac.

LZoltowski
Champion
So it did help? If yes that's great and you are most welcome 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Steffen
Protege
Strange, it works with oculus store game but not with a vr game I bought on steam

LZoltowski
Champion
Could there be a key set in the registry somewhere?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
Deleting the folder shouldn't change anything. You need to run the debug tool and set the performance hud to off. This is what happens when you mess with developer tools when you're not a developer.  😛
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SkateZilla
Expert Protege
-I still have to force clocks for optimal game and even movie performance (otherwise GPU sits at 501MHz)
-a display port mode would be nice, so I can simply run off the miniDP->HDMI Adapter..

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

-I still have to force clocks for optimal game and even movie performance (otherwise GPU sits at 501MHz)
-a display port mode would be nice, so I can simply run off the miniDP->HDMI Adapter..

Pretty sure DIsplay Port to HDMI adapters work fine,  and the clock rate issue is an Nvidia problem fixed in the last update?  Or wait, that might have been only a problem on 1080s.

SkateZilla
Expert Protege
Not Active Ones... 

nrosko
Superstar

nrosko said:

Well had to reinstall the OC app as sound was not coming through headphones. It seemed to try & update today but failed pretty sure i had already updated to 1.6 anyways. So uninstalling removes all you games.....wonderfull :-s. 

There is a way around that:

https://support.oculus.com/1715420212071737

yeah thanks, backing up all the games onto another drive is still a PITA though. again today its tried to update the rift only for it to close the app & now im unable to open it again.