cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.3.2 Update - Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Added support for installing Oculus and VR applications to a different drive. Note that installing to a different drive first requires uninstalling Oculus. Please see the following support article for details: 
    https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1715420212071737/
  • Fixed issue where more than one payment method could be saved
  • Bug fixes and stability improvements to the installer, runtime, desktop app, and Home
  • Fixed being unable to launch software in Desktop mode without a Rift connected
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
78 REPLIES 78

Shaderbytes
Protege

• Added support for installing Oculus and VR applications to a different drive. Note that installing to a different drive first requires uninstalling Oculus. Please see the following support article for details: 
    https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1715420212071737/
  • Fixed issue where more than one payment method could be saved
  • Bug fixes and stability improvements to the installer, runtime, desktop app, and Home

SO you say we need to uninstall to get support for installing to another drive , and then in other posts you say that uninstalling and reinstalling does not trigger the latest update .. so what exactly is supposed to be done?

Must I wait for an automatic update first - and once we have it - then uninstall it. From this point where do we initiate the new install?  https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/ ? You just also mentioned this link does not always provide the latest version. How is the link deciding which version to supply to whoever clicks it? 

WHY ON EARTH would the installer not be patched to the latest build? Give me one good reason , just one I'm begging you. You guys are turning something rather simple into the most arcane process imaginable. 

Rajveer
Explorer
It's great that you can change your drive but why can't I choose the directory? I don't want the Oculus folder sitting on the root of my secondary drive.

Also will you be implementing an override for the switch to "High Performance" for those of us who don't want the software changing power profiles?

Gandjo
Explorer
Right on time ! I was waiting for this to download Oculus Setup. And the drive choice appeared ! Thanks ^^

PepsiOtaku
Honored Guest
Is there a command line option or something to skip the graphics card check? I wrote this guide
a few weeks ago on how to get 1.3 semi-installed, but I need home in
order to play Project Cars apparently, so it would be nice to get it
installed the real way.

It's kind of messed up that it's there in the first place considering I can still install the older oculus runtimes in my current setup. I shouldn't have to shell out money for a new card just because a piece of software wants me to.

Edit: And just to add, via that guide mentioned, I can load up SteamVR just fine (sans motion controls obviously). Why does Oculus have to lock the whole thing down with a video card check? Ridiculous, and unacceptable...

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry, I was mistaken. The "install to other drives" feature is available to everyone that re-downloads the setup installer. There are also 1.3.2 features you may or may not get updated to at this point, but you should still be able to install to another drive with the new setup exe.
https://www.oculus.com/setup/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

LZoltowski
Champion
Guys ease up on @cybereality ... he's doing his best to help everyone and keep this forum going. He's but a cog in a machine, like we all are.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

xceled
Explorer
Anyone else unable to click the "Change Drive" button in the new setup?

skyrocketing
Honored Guest
So I followed the reinstall instructions but now all my games have the "Finish Install" button that lead to an error "Redistributable info missing. Please reinstall the application." Anyone else get this? 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Did you make sure to backup your redistributable folder first? If not, you should be able to just uninstall / reinstall the Oculus app but you will have to re-download all your games.

skyrocketing
Honored Guest

Did you make sure to backup your redistributable folder first? If not, you should be able to just uninstall / reinstall the Oculus app but you will have to re-download all your games.

I did, and copied the Redistributables folder to the new install location. I previously had the Software and Downloads folder connected to a different drive with symlinks. Do you think this could be the cause? I have already uninstalled + reinstalled Oculus. Though when I uninstalled, I used a program (Geek Uninstaller) which wipes registry values associated with the program so maybe that messed up something too. I really don't mind reinstalling my games if I need to, just figured I'd post on here before doing so.