cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.3.2 Update - Release Notes

cybereality
Level 15
  • Added support for installing Oculus and VR applications to a different drive. Note that installing to a different drive first requires uninstalling Oculus. Please see the following support article for details: 
    https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1715420212071737/
  • Fixed issue where more than one payment method could be saved
  • Bug fixes and stability improvements to the installer, runtime, desktop app, and Home
  • Fixed being unable to launch software in Desktop mode without a Rift connected
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
78 REPLIES 78

SkateZilla
Level 5
It'd be nice to have:
- IPD Adjustments back or DK2s (CV1's as well, some Apps have IPD Buttons Mapped, which helps when you have to adjust focus for close / far focus in some apps/games,

-As Well as the option to run/ toggle extended desktop mode instead of direct to rift.
(easier to watch VR/3D SBS Movies on Youtube Etc, No need to download, just fullscreen on the extended desktop / rift screen, done.)
(Same for Other 3D SBS Games w/ Stereo Mode, Run them FS/Borderless Windowed on Rift Screen Extended)

-A Simple 3D Desktop View/Mode in the Theatres for watching Netflix etc,
(I'd Get Virtual Desktop, but it's not supported on Windows 7)

korwynkim
Level 3

korwynkim said:

That explains it. My data drive is formatted to exFAT, not NTFS.

I guess my new data drive replacement SSD will have to be formatted to NTFS. Does anyone know if you can clone an exFAT drive to an NTFS drive?

Just use convert command look it up on goggle

I get "convert is not available for exFAT"

xceled
Level 3

So, there are a few reasons that the "change drive" button would be grayed out. 
  • If there is only one drive available (meaning you only have a system drive).
  • If the other drives are removable drives, such as a USB hard-drive.
  • If the other drives are network storage devices.
  • If the other drives have less the 4GB of storage on them each.
  • If the other drivers are not NTFS format.

None of these apply to me and the button is still grayed out. 

Iccanui
Level 4
Anyone else using DS4 and ps4 controller having issues ? Not getting any input from it anymore in home.

xceled
Level 3
So I have a new clue as to what may be causing the Change Drive to be grayed out, if your fixed non-removable drives are Dynamic instead of Basic drives, that could be the cause. Let me know if anyone else having this issue also has Dynamic drives.

The developers have placed way too many restrictions on the setup installer, let me install the software and deal with issues due to space, disk type, or if the device is removed, don't hard code your assumptions into your installer.

TheMaster0071
Level 4

korwynkim said:

korwynkim said:

That explains it. My data drive is formatted to exFAT, not NTFS.

I guess my new data drive replacement SSD will have to be formatted to NTFS. Does anyone know if you can clone an exFAT drive to an NTFS drive?

Just use convert command look it up on goggle

I get "convert is not available for exFAT"

Sorry my bad, yeah you need to copy off the data and reformat, their may be a 3rd party util though.....

JoshuaJSlone
Level 5

-As Well as the option to run/ toggle extended desktop mode instead of direct to rift.
(easier to watch VR/3D SBS Movies on Youtube Etc, No need to download, just fullscreen on the extended desktop / rift screen, done.)
(Same for Other 3D SBS Games w/ Stereo Mode, Run them FS/Borderless Windowed on Rift Screen Extended)

A part of me misses the simplicity allowed by treating it as a second monitor, but what you're suggesting it be used for would simply not be a good experience. Take a plain old image as you'd put on a monitor and view it through a Rift lens and you're going to get a weirdly distorted image with split colors and parts at the edges missing.

Ohni_Starfall
Level 3
Any plans to make this easier like in the setting menu? Basically assign multiple drives if you like? Some of my apps from oculus home MUST be installed on my OS drive which is very small in order to work properly (Virtual Desktop app must be installed on C drive if you want to be able to use the on-screen keyboard in windows 10).

I would like my games installed on a larger drive. I need to be able to choose where each application is stored. Games on D and Apps on C.

elboffor
Level 12
Google create a sumbolic link 😉
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.