cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Cooling Mods

Captain_Dark_One
Explorer
So has anyone come up with or agreed to a good cooling mod?

I see an image of a 3D printed faceplate with a fan slot extension, but they have not shared the STL file.
I know a simple one is just sticking it on with double-sided foam tape, but with too much shaking that can fall off easily.
22 REPLIES 22

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Cheap, simple and can be pointed directly at the rift/face.......gives immersion with flight sims as a bonus 😉

b5usox4bjt7i.jpg
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Captain_Dark_One
Explorer
If that is a serious answer then that is THE worst "mod" ever!
not only is it useless, it's useless!
No air goes into the headset at all!

if you wanted to give a silly answer you would have done better suggesting adding a sponge in the headset!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Actually, even a smaller usb fan pointed in the right direction seems to help me.  Air seems to get in fine in the small gap just above/around the top of my nose.  I think I'm going to get a bigger fan this Aussie Summer.  Like techy says, should be great for flight sims to help give you that open-cockpit feeling, lol!

A built-in pc fan on the goggle's themselves would be better for sure.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Sense of humour failure ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Techy111 said:

Cheap, simple and can be pointed directly at the rift/face.......gives immersion with flight sims as a bonus 😉

b5usox4bjt7i.jpg

ICaptain_Dark_One said:

if you wanted to give a silly answer you would have done better suggesting adding a sponge in the headset!

Someone isn't a fan of your sense of humor Techy111.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Hah I see what you did there 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now I accept no responsibility should anyone be stupid enough to try this but the best way to cool the headset down is to submerge it in iced water for an hour before putting it on. B) 😄 😛

falken76
Expert Consultant

I use a fan and it works, the air gets in through the nose gap area.  There's a good mod out though where you drill two holes in the top of the rift and connect tubing that goes down the lenght of your cable to an air pump for a fish tank.  It looks like it would work great but I'm afraid to put a drill to my rift.

Captain_Dark_One
Explorer
No, looks like a sense of sarcasm failure to me. 😉