cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift / Quest Compatibility List?

RWCantel
Explorer

I’ve had a Rift for a couple of years and have amassed a decent library - I’m thinking about getting a Quest and (possibly) selling the wired Rift.  Is there a *quick* (ie. not game by game) way to check my library’s compatibility with Quest 2 hardware before I make the jump / switch?  Thanks!!!

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're glad you're looking into our new device, RWCantel! 🙂 We do support cross-buy with a lot of our gaming titles. You can check out that list here. Happy gaming!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kojack
MVP
MVP

If you use Link (usb cable) or Airlink (wifi) with your PC, everything you have should be compatible since Link effectively turns a Quest 2 into a Rift. You won't be able to play games away from your PC though.

If you want stand alone native games (so they run on the Quest itself and you can take it anywhere), check the list from OculusSupport above. Those are games that you get for free on the Quest if you already own the Rift version (and vice versa). That's what "cross buy" means.

Some games like Beat Saber aren't cross buy. It's available on both Rift and standalone Quest 2, but you have to buy it twice.

(If you use Link or Airlink, the whole cross buy thing doesn't apply. It's just when you want to have a Quest that's not connected to a PC that you need to worry about cross buy)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2