cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Touch is identical to Vive wands in room scale..

Deadace
Protege
..pretty much, according to Amazing Contraptions developer!
http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/12/11414090/oculus-rift-htc-vive-fantastic-contraption
20 REPLIES 20

ECBL
Protege
Ergonomically speaking, I have a feeling it will be less cumbersome and more intuitive.  I'm looking forward to it.

Roming22
Adventurer

ECBL said:

Ergonomically speaking, I have a feeling it will be less cumbersome and more intuitive.  I'm looking forward to it.

I agree, and this is was the main factor in my purchase decision, despite the additional delay.

identical...... except for availability.... and known price

weasel47
Heroic Explorer
@DaftnDirect
Did you miss the announcement? Touch is $10 and will have free same-day shipping, starting tomorrow. They have 36 billion units manufactured so far, so they're not expecting shortages.

Bekatsa
Honored Guest
K

ECBL
Protege

...... except for availability.... 

lol, true.  
I've begun to accept this whole fiasco as a solid lesson in patience, as I've had absolutely none lately.

@weasel47, you know after the last 24 hours... my humour muscle is all shriveled up

...I'm probably not the only one who needs a beer before venturing onto these forums lately

Chewie71
Adventurer
Many lessons from which to learn. Patience is one of them. Trust, obedience, humility, tact, business ethics to name a few more.

Back on point, Touch controllers will be great. I'm predicting a 2017 launch.

thief6666
Honored Guest

Except …it is  not.

Developer clearly stated that they have to REDESIGN game to
put everything IN FRONT of the player to avoid occlusion (even with 2 cameras).
Somehow they suggest that BOTH cameras should be placed on the desk IN FRONT of
the player to ensure no occlusion for touch controllers.