cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Touch is identical to Vive wands in room scale..

Deadace
Level 4
..pretty much, according to Amazing Contraptions developer!
http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/12/11414090/oculus-rift-htc-vive-fantastic-contraption
20 REPLIES 20

ECBL
Level 4
Ergonomically speaking, I have a feeling it will be less cumbersome and more intuitive.  I'm looking forward to it.

Roming22
Level 5

ECBL said:

Ergonomically speaking, I have a feeling it will be less cumbersome and more intuitive.  I'm looking forward to it.

I agree, and this is was the main factor in my purchase decision, despite the additional delay.

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
identical...... except for availability.... and known price

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.2075)

weasel47
Level 7
@DaftnDirect
Did you miss the announcement? Touch is $10 and will have free same-day shipping, starting tomorrow. They have 36 billion units manufactured so far, so they're not expecting shortages.

Bekatsa
Level 2
K

ECBL
Level 4

...... except for availability.... 

lol, true.  
I've begun to accept this whole fiasco as a solid lesson in patience, as I've had absolutely none lately.

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

@weasel47, you know after the last 24 hours... my humour muscle is all shriveled up

...I'm probably not the only one who needs a beer before venturing onto these forums lately

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.2075)

Chewie71
Level 5
Many lessons from which to learn. Patience is one of them. Trust, obedience, humility, tact, business ethics to name a few more.

Back on point, Touch controllers will be great. I'm predicting a 2017 launch.

thief6666
Level 2

Except …it is  not.

Developer clearly stated that they have to REDESIGN game to
put everything IN FRONT of the player to avoid occlusion (even with 2 cameras).
Somehow they suggest that BOTH cameras should be placed on the desk IN FRONT of
the player to ensure no occlusion for touch controllers.