cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift not detected as display

pewzie
Honored Guest
Can anyone please help.

My rift was working fine, but my computer decided to have other issues and I have had to re format and start from scratch on win 7 x64 again.

Rift was working fine before but I am having issues now with a fresh install.

I have updated firmware and rift is detected in the control utility, running demo scene no problem, can run UE4 rollercoaster, but direct to rift mode is not working, games just crash such as 4th floor appartment and also my DK2 is NOT detected in windows as a second display. No DK2 is shown as a display in windows.

So for example, Dreadhalls only offers me my main display from the drop down list.

Why would DK2 not be shown in windows as a second display?

Please help anyone?
2 REPLIES 2

pewzie
Honored Guest
Have it shown up when using extend desktop to HMD so showing up and working with dreadhalls, but all direct to rift demos are crashing.

Anyone else had this?

Im getting a Unity wrapper plugin error with dreadhalls, an error with 4th floor appartment, VR game manager crashes.

Not looking good.

Am I missing some files due to fresh install?

Username123
Honored Guest
"pewzie" wrote:
Can anyone please help.

My rift was working fine, but my computer decided to have other issues and I have had to re format and start from scratch on win 7 x64 again.

Rift was working fine before but I am having issues now with a fresh install.

I have updated firmware and rift is detected in the control utility, running demo scene no problem, can run UE4 rollercoaster, but direct to rift mode is not working, games just crash such as 4th floor appartment and also my DK2 is NOT detected in windows as a second display. No DK2 is shown as a display in windows.

So for example, Dreadhalls only offers me my main display from the drop down list.

Why would DK2 not be shown in windows as a second display?

Please help anyone?

I received mine today and I have the same problem as you more or less, ive installed everything correctly and then plugged the usb in their ports but windows does not recognize the rift as a display only when im forcing it to detect it from screen resolution->detect but even then nothing works except for the basic desk demo from Oculus..