cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift support for Blizzard games

StCecil
Honored Guest
So, I'm playng this game called Hearthstone, it seems like it would be playable on the Rift since it is a simplistic card game and the text on cards is rather large.

This is a Blizzard game, does anyone know what kind Blizzard games are supported by Tridef or VorpX? I know Diablo3 is supported by Tridef, and i have played it, but thats as much as I know (I have also played Torchlight2 on the Rift).

thanks 😄
Ordered : November 2nd 2013 (November 3rd on my time) Receieved Processing mail : November 25th 2013 (November 26th on my time) Arrived : December 3rd 2013 Status : Enjoying it. Location : 東京 (Tokyo)
7 REPLIES 7

Welby
Adventurer
I never tried Heartstone,i've only heard about it but if is a card-game maybe isn't too much good for Dev Kit.

The worse choice to use Oculus rift Dev Kit now is to use it in a game where you have to read a lot. I can imagine that in a card-game the most thing you have to do is reading on the cards,and with this low resolution isn't a really good result.

However a developer begun some times ago a thread about his mod to play with Oculus to World of Warcraft,you can find some information here: https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2277&p=76001&hilit=world+of+warcraft#p760...

Now i don't know anything about blizzard game supported by Oculus with some drivers.

Hope to be useful! 🙂

Marulu
Adventurer
"welby" wrote:
The worse choice to use Oculus rift Dev Kit now is to use it in a game where you have to read a lot. I can imagine that in a card-game the most thing you have to do is reading on the cards,and with this low resolution isn't a really good result.

However a developer begun some times ago a thread about his mod to play with Oculus to World of Warcraft,you can find some information here: https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2277&p=76001&hilit=world+of+warcraft#p760...

Hey there, I am the guy who is working on the World of Warcraft VR mod. As you mentioned reading text in VR is kinda troublesome, but in our mod we have taken that into consideration. We have changed the font size of all the text in WoW to be between 20 pt. and 30 pt.

So all the text is clearly readable while wearing the Rift.

While I haven´t updated that thread in a while, we still are actively working on the mod and are making progress.

-Marulu

kevinm1278
Explorer
"Marulu" wrote:
"welby" wrote:

Hey there, I am the guy who is working on the World of Warcraft VR mod. As you mentioned reading text in VR is kinda troublesome, but in our mod we have taken that into consideration. We have changed the font size of all the text in WoW to be between 20 pt. and 30 pt.

So all the text is clearly readable while wearing the Rift.

While I haven´t updated that thread in a while, we still are actively working on the mod and are making progress.

-Marulu

Hello. Any chance of you working on a Final Fantasy XIV ARR mod?

Marulu
Adventurer
"kevinm1278" wrote:
Hello. Any chance of you working on a Final Fantasy XIV ARR mod?

Sorry, but I am not a fan of Final Fantasy, so I am not interested in working on it.

roxoid
Honored Guest
I'm not sure about Hearthstone, I haven't tried it. You can try manually adding it if you have Tridef and see if it works. As far as readability goes, I have some experience playing WoW, using Tridef, on the Rift. I think the closer the text is to center screen, the more readable it is. It tends to blur more as you get closer to the edges of the display. World of Warcraft works well since it allows you to position user interface elements. So you can put the stuff you need to read towards the center. For example I put the quest dialogues dead center, and they are very readable. A lot more readable for me then trying to read it on a monitor (my vision isn't too good). The same text off to the side is pretty much unreadable. So I put anything that needs to be read as close to center as I can, things like quests, scoreboards, tool tips, etc. They are in the way sometimes, but most of the time they aren't there anyway.

StCecil
Honored Guest
thanks for the replies!

Ya, I've used a Rift on quite a few games, and text is an issue on most games, however, the text in this game is pretty clear and almost "cartoony" making it easy it read. Plus, once you play enough, you know 90% of the cards by piture / color anyway.

I do not own TriDef, but about 3 weeks ago when I had the demo, i do not recall Hearthstone beining on it.

Just a matter of time before it gets suppport (as I'm sure most games made by companies the size of Blizzard will, I was just wondering if anyone *knew* now if it had support)
Ordered : November 2nd 2013 (November 3rd on my time) Receieved Processing mail : November 25th 2013 (November 26th on my time) Arrived : December 3rd 2013 Status : Enjoying it. Location : 東京 (Tokyo)

badra100
Honored Guest
Many Blizzard games are not supprot the Rift but it is also support it.