cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rinse and repeat. Not enough content bla bla bla

inovator
Consultant

So again the discussion in regards to not having enough meaningful  AAA games are making full circle on internet blogs and videos etc. Its agreed with most that vr is growing, but great content is growing at a much slower rate. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It takes years to produce high end quality games and tons of money. Vr is not close to having tons of those experiences. If we can get tons of flat games that have a vr option I truely believe that is the answer. This of course is my personal belief. I also believe if psvr2 adds a vr mode to games like unchartered, tomb raider farcry and God of war etc it will add many millions to their hardware sales and make their success in selling psvr1 seem like chump change. I do predict they will do something like that.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sheese I just typed up a nice reply and as I was clicking reply the forum logged me out augh!! I despise this new forum! It is absolutely horrid!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so what I previously tried to say,

For me personally I have all I need from the flight sims and racing sims that have added VR to their existing titles. If another "made for VR game" never came out, I would have enough to continue to game daily for several hours at a time and it never get old.

But I do enjoy some made for VR titles from time to time, like especially Medal of Honor Above and Beyond, Half Life Alyx, Star Wars Squadrons.  Amongst flight simmers though I am probably in the minority as many of them only use VR for their flight sims.

But yeah, it would be very nice if some of the big developers with the big titles were to expand the effort to add VR into the mix for their games. I guess if the PC VR industry grows enough at some point they will start looking at doing so, I am sure it is all about the almighty dollar for them. 

MSFS is a huge franchise with quite a following, maybe seeing them add VR into their mix with MSFS 2020 raised some eyebrows. We can hope.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

PSVR II is going to be massive for Sony, i personally can't wait for the system to drop because they went oled, and the PS5 has so much raw power that VR is going to be amazing on it, and the price tag compared to one decent PC 30Xx card also makes Sony's Vr look the best bang for buck.

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

inovator
Consultant

Good points but for vr to accelerate what I wrote needs fo be done. I can be happy with just pavlov and never get bored. But for massive adoption to accelerate vr needs in my opinion what I opened with above.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

@inovator wrote:

So again the discussion in regards to not having enough meaningful  AAA games are making full circle on internet blogs and videos etc. Its agreed with most that vr is growing, but great content is growing at a much slower rate. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It takes years to produce high end quality games and tons of money. Vr is not close to having tons of those experiences. If we can get tons of flat games that have a vr option I truely believe that is the answer. This of course is my personal belief. I also believe if psvr2 adds a vr mode to games like unchartered, tomb raider farcry and God of war etc it will add many millions to their hardware sales and make their success in selling psvr1 seem like chump change. I do predict they will do something like that.

Completely agree. This is why I haven't bothered to upgrade my PCVR Rig, or bothered to invest in something like the Index. I've played just about every VR title worth playing, and I see no point in literally spending over $1,000 just to play the exact same things again over and over.

I can't stay stuck in one title for too long. There are rare exceptions like a Skyrim or Fallout, but most titles become insanely monotonous with little replayability.

Quest 2 is perfect considering the current VR Software Ecosystem's availability of high caliber experiences. Sony will do fine with their consoleVR, but as we saw with version 1 of PlayStationVR, it doesn't come with a barrage of titles. Compare Sony's PSVR title selection to their non-VR Title selection, and the difference is absurd. Hardly even comparable. 

Everyone, including Sony, has a long way to go before VR Software can catch up to vanilla gaming in terms of high quality selections.