cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rivvr - anyone else looking into this?

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
I bought one of these, supposedly shipping in March.  Hopefully the Rift wireless comes out soon but I am excited to attach my Oculus to this and not be tethered by that annoying cord anymore!  I figured for the price it might be worth it.
7 REPLIES 7

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
No, but it looks more fun without the tether init?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd8cdnIWiDw

elboffor
Consultant
Had a butchers and it looks good. Still seems rather steep for a cable replacement 😕
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

for our non-UK friends, he had a look and it's expensive

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star
It was less than $300 which I'm not saying is cheap but considering the freedom and not having that cord... it was worth it... but then I was one of the eager ones who paid $800 for the Oculus without the touch long ago so maybe I'm not so smart with my money, but no wire!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I won't go anywhere near these things until they are around a hundred quid at the most. Way too expensive priced as they are right now. If I get one of these sorts of things I'm also going to want 6 hours minimum for the battery life too.

livson
Protege
Never seen this before! Looks interesting. The the fact it uses 2.4-5ghz makes me question its ability to keep visual fidelity, but it's pretty inexpensive so probably worth checking out. Have you looked into tpcast? Lots of people have pretty great results with it. It's more expensive but has a bit more consumer testing since they've been available for a while now. 

TalkHero
Explorer

Aliantha said:

I bought one of these, supposedly shipping in March.  Hopefully the Rift wireless comes out soon but I am excited to attach my Oculus to this and not be tethered by that annoying cord anymore!  I figured for the price it might be worth it.

Do let us know when you get it and what it is like please! There's also the TPCast Plus coming the first half of the year so will be interesting to see what happens with that too.