cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime error

snappahead
Expert Protege
I see others having the same issue, so I figure a thread is justified for this.

After installing Runtime, you're prompted to reboot. Upon reboot, you're greeted with an error that reads

Can't find Script Engine "VBScript" For Script "C:\ProgramFiles(x86) Oculus\Service\ Launch And Restart.vbs

Waiting for a solution now.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti
18 REPLIES 18

snappahead
Expert Protege
I never had McAfee or Avast. I'll have to come back to this over the weekend. I won't get my Rift until Wednesday likely anyways.

equusvenustas
Honored Guest
I had and is the worst software i had purchased, i don't recommend it
Knowledge, the ever growing and most powerful tool known. Pick it up! the common fools are scared of it!

brantlew
Adventurer
I believe there is a simple work-around for this. That script launches the Oculus service automatically, but if it's not working then you can launch it manually. Just double click on C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Service\OVRService_x86.exe and that should get you up and running.

snappahead
Expert Protege
"brantlew" wrote:
I believe there is a simple work-around for this. That script launches the Oculus service automatically, but if it's not working then you can launch it manually. Just double click on C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Service\OVRService_x86.exe and that should get you up and running.

I hate to ask, but I don't know what that means, so I have to heh. Where do I double click on this?

brantlew
Adventurer
On Windows 7 from the Start menu search box, just type in that file location exactly and hit Enter.

snappahead
Expert Protege
I really appreciate you trying to help me. I'm pretty hopeless. I'm part of a duo and the other guy's the tech person. I'm the art guy and suck at this stuff.

I did what you said, and a window opened with the "do you want to allow the following program to make changes?" question. I hit yes, the screen blinked and that's it. When I try to open the config and download the firmware update, a window opens saying "Oculus Rift Config Utility is requesting access to this device. Please be sure that the device is plugged in and no other Rift applications are running." As far as I know, I don't have any Rift apps running and of course I don't have a DK2 yet. When I hit cancel it says I must close all Oculus-enabled applications before updating firmware" How can I find the program that's running? I'm not aware of any.

brantlew
Adventurer
Since you are using a DK1, you don't want to do the firmware update. That's for DK2 only. If your Config Util is coming up and showing a picture of a DK1 then that's it. It's working. Click Show Demo Scene to verify.

snappahead
Expert Protege
Wow, I had no idea. Ok, I plugged the dk1 in and it seems to be working, but I've always used cloning and I guess I can't do that anymore? LOL..I'm hopeless. Is there a tut somewhere on how to get extended mode instead of cloned?

snappahead
Expert Protege
Ok..I guess I don't have to do anything. It just works in windowed mode. I guess I'm set then. Brantlew, you're awesome. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out.