cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SUPPORT NEEDED] CUSTOMERS ARE NOT FOOLS!

winterslu
Honored Guest
My friends (Game developers) and I (Graphics Engineer) placed our orders in 1 hour after preorder launched, and so far what we get is "estimated ship date 6/20/2016 - 6/30/2016". NICE JOB Oculus/Facebook!!!! OK, let's put all these bullshit in better way, if you cannot address "Component Shortage" issue but keeping postpone "Estimated Ship Date" instead, I have no reason to believe you are any good at selling hardware or at least making promise to your "valued customer"

So here is my advice: Fulfill your pre-orders before May, or we turn to Vive. [YOU DON'T DESERVE DEVELOPER COMMUNITY!!!!!]
At least HTC has experience in producing device and Vive got Steam as huge backing!!
13 REPLIES 13

AntDX3162
Heroic Explorer
but if a lot of people turned to Vive the preorders could be backed up to June, Vive wise
facebook.com/AntDX316

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol, entitled brat. 1 hour in after pre-orders opened, and you seriously think you were going to receive yours in the launch window? If you actually were a professional developer with knowledge of the game industry, you would know how pre-orders for a product like this work, and you would know that given its popularity you would have to be there in the first minute.

You claim Oculus doesn't deserve the developer community, but I highly doubt you are part of it. Have you ever even made a game before?

obzen
Expert Protege
So much crying. The worst part of it is enduring six weeks of the same whiny, pissy little boys missing their toy.  

You don't like the delays, then fine, piss-off to Vive. Please, do that, all of you. 
DK1 FREAK...

Lemming1970
Rising Star
You left it an hour. A hole hahaha.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

r00x
Adventurer

AntDX3162 said:

but if a lot of people turned to Vive the preorders could be backed up to June, Vive wise

They already are backed up to June, far as I can see. No benefit in jumping ship unless you find it (a) a matter of principle or (b) your Oculus estimated date is even later.

NokiBE
Explorer
i think this deserves some clarification...
being a 12 year old that owns rpgmaker XP doesn't make you a game dev and downloading UE4 or anything else doesn't make you a graphics engineer.

#SpoiledKids

L_E_D_BLUE
Expert Protege

DannyMNL said:

Lol, entitled brat. 1 hour in after pre-orders opened, and you seriously think you were going to receive yours in the launch window? If you actually were a professional developer with knowledge of the game industry, you would know how pre-orders for a product like this work, and you would know that given its popularity you would have to be there in the first minute.

You claim Oculus doesn't deserve the developer community, but I highly doubt you are part of it. Have you ever even made a game before?

Nope. That isn't how "entitled" works once payment information is exchanged.

NickytheHutt
Expert Protege
Want to not be a fool? Search "Oculus Rift" on Facebook, you'll see that there isn't much written about the delay. Many of the few units they had ready went to press, blogs and vloggers and almost all the coverage is positive and hyping up the product. 

This forum here is a complaint box from which no one hears us. 

brievolz84
Expert Protege

DannyMNL said:

Nope. That isn't how "entitled" works once payment information is exchanged.

You would be right if they took your money but since they didn't take your money, regardless if you have to keep ~$600 on standby, you are wrong.