cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping in Europe & VAT/Customs

VirtualSander
Honored Guest
Before confirming your order, both shipping cost and tax will be displayed.

For the Netherlands, displayed tax was $0 and shipping was $57.20. So, I suppose the higher shipping cost is because of running an European distribution center. Much cheaper than import tax, though!
9 REPLIES 9

VirtualSander
Honored Guest
Your card doesn't get charged before they dispatch your order (and until then, you can cancel for free). See 3.5 and 4.6 of the terms of sale.

Tax is outside of Oculus' control; so, displayed tax is merely an indication. Since you mention VAT, I assume your from the UK. On riftorders someone from the UK confirms no tax in his case.

I would just order now, and cancel if close ordernumbers get into "processing" status too early. That would save you precious waiting time. (I wish I knew this myself before)

VRoom
Honored Guest
"Enerccio" wrote:
I used fake information to check it out (cant order right now, will get money at 15th), and it shows total charge 408$ (ie 108$ shipping and probably customs/tax charge). Is that price final then? I dont mind it, I just want to know if I need to have some spare cash for the customs/vat tax.

For me, that was the final price (no additional costs).

storelyckan3
Explorer
I Paid $369 USD (276 EU) nothing more, nothing less. The Oculus Rift is worth the money.

Hope new customer gets theirs Rift soon!

Windows 10 Proo 64bit | AMD Ryzen 1800X | Palit GameRock Nvidia GTX 1080 | Phone: One Plus 5

Bleppe
Adventurer
"storelyckan3" wrote:
I Paid $369 USD (276 EU) nothing more, nothing less. The Oculus Rift is worth the money.

Same amount for me. $369 to Sweden.

Kurmeloinen
Honored Guest
"Bleppe" wrote:
"storelyckan3" wrote:

Same amount for me. $369 to Sweden.

So there should be no additional cost when receiving the kit? That's the same amount I paid in Finland, still waiting tho. 🙂

1karl1
Honored Guest
Ordered mine (i'm from UK) 26/6/13 arrived exactly 6 weeks later (last tuesday) no extra VAT,shipping or customs on top of what you have to pay when ordering.

Gendail
Honored Guest
"VirtualSander" wrote:
Your card doesn't get charged before they dispatch your order (and until then, you can cancel for free). See 3.5 and 4.6 of the terms of sale.

Tax is outside of Oculus' control; so, displayed tax is merely an indication. Since you mention VAT, I assume your from the UK. On riftorders someone from the UK confirms no tax in his case.

I would just order now, and cancel if close ordernumbers get into "processing" status too early. That would save you precious waiting time. (I wish I knew this myself before)

Unfortunately, this is not the case. At least it was not for me. My card was charged within 10 minutes of placing my order.

Ratatosken
Honored Guest
I got mine and got a call about taxes a couple of days after. had to pay 50 euro extra in tax here in norway

Ratatosken
Honored Guest
Yeah, we managed to stay out of it, thankfully. 😛