cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I do a 24 hour livestream with the Oculus Rift?

TheArcheaon
Honored Guest
Hey guys, I'm planning on leaving out of town for Xmas and I plan on taking my gaming pc plus Oculus Rift with me. I'm wanting to hear if I should do a Oculus Rift 24 hour marathon (without any breaks) because personally I'd think this would be a challenge (because I hear people usually get eye strain and (or) nausea within 5 - 6 hours) The most I've played the rift without taking the rift off was about I think 8 to 10 hours (because I was playing Half life 2 (all the way through) and didn't take a single break. (And I didn't have any eye strain or nausea).

But with a 24 hour livestream, I plan on playing games like Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Zombies, Battlefield 4. Minecraft and maybe even some user voted titles. Plus all you rifters can join the stream and put your rifts on and watch what I'm seeing.
VR Pilot!
10 REPLIES 10

sirredknight
Honored Guest
I think you should take care of you're health.

morenosuba
Explorer
well, it's a free country....
having said that, a live stream for the OR is kind of pointless. you can't explain how it feels to see things through the OR from a regular screen. all that people would see is some dude wearing a headset, and a screen displaying 2 identical images....pretty pointless.

you pretty much have to wear the OR to experience it. looking at a screen of someone else playing doesn't do anything.

so yea knock yourself out...

Steve3D
Honored Guest
Is it really healty to watch à screen for that long....

How will you do for bathroom needs......bring a bucket in the living room. ..????....add that you will note take a shower for 24h....man.....it gonna stink around you....lol

MrMolecularyMan
Honored Guest
"TheArcheaon" wrote:
Hey guys, I'm planning on leaving out of town for Xmas and I plan on taking my gaming pc plus Oculus Rift with me. I'm wanting to hear if I should do a Oculus Rift 24 hour marathon (without any breaks) because personally I'd think this would be a challenge (because I hear people usually get eye strain and (or) nausea within 5 - 6 hours) The most I've played the rift without taking the rift off was about I think 8 to 10 hours (because I was playing Half life 2 (all the way through) and didn't take a single break. (And I didn't have any eye strain or nausea).

But with a 24 hour livestream, I plan on playing games like Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Zombies, Battlefield 4. Minecraft and maybe even some user voted titles. Plus all you rifters can join the stream and put your rifts on and watch what I'm seeing.

HELL NO I have played with the oculus rift for 17 hours and was not very pleased with the feeling afterwards.

astonGee
Honored Guest
Today i've played half-life 2 for six hours without taking the rift off whatsoever and for brief time right after i finally put it off, maybe 5 minutes, it felt funny to look around using my eyeballs, but other than that, there was literally nothing. So as long as you take necessary precautions -have eaten firmly and have liquids in direct proximity- there should be nothing to worry about.

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
"sirredknight" wrote:

I think you should take care of your grammar.

kurry
Protege
"TheArcheaon" wrote:

I'd watch it if you did one 😄

Herolord
Protege
Is there even enough rift material yet to cover 24 hours?

sirredknight
Honored Guest
sirredknight wrote:

RirtualVeality wrote:
I think you should take care of your grammar.

I think you should not be so caring 😄