cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silicone cover comes free on 2 but not on 3

Kenjii88
Honored Guest

Hello, 

I recently got a Quest 3 for my birthday and my boyfriend got a Quest 2 at the same time because it was on sale and he wanted to be able to play multiplayer games with me. His quest 2 came with the silicone face cover to add to his headset, while mine didn’t. His was also $250 and mine was $650. I am wondering if this is some sort of mistake and if mine should’ve also come with the silicone cover. After only a couple of times playing my face is breaking out with a rash and I am now realizing that I need the silicone cover but find it rather odd that an older version that is a third of the cost comes with more accessories. Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Not a mistake.  Only the Q2 comes with a silicone cover.  This was because some found the Q2 stock face pad caused some users adverse skin reactions.

Most Q3 user like myself find the Q3 pad is much better.  If you want you can buy the optional meta silicone facial interface or search Amazon for less expensive silicone covers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Not a mistake.  Only the Q2 comes with a silicone cover.  This was because some found the Q2 stock face pad caused some users adverse skin reactions.

Most Q3 user like myself find the Q3 pad is much better.  If you want you can buy the optional meta silicone facial interface or search Amazon for less expensive silicone covers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

M13online
Protege

A silicone face cover for the meta quest costs about 2usd on some online sites. It's not a big deal.