cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skyrim: 8-Player Co-op Mod incoming

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
First of all, this is currently for Vanilla Skyrim... but I feel that we can reasonably expect this to hit the VR version in the same year. Or am I dreaming?

Soon you'll be able to explore Skyrim with your friends at your side in Skyrim Together.

"Yep, it's finally happening," reads a dev post in the mod's subreddit. "Soon we'll be opening the doors for our loyal patreons for a temporary closed beta - Don't fear, this will shortly available for all."

The developers haven't given a specific start date for the closed beta
beyond "soon", and to be fair, we first heard the mod was nearly ready
to launch back in 2017. Stay optimistic, though—your next trip through
Skyrim could be with friends at your side.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-8-player-co-op-mod-for-skyrim-is-entering-closed-beta/

9 REPLIES 9

saami81
Rising Star
If this comes to VR im in for some group action.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
If they manage to fix Melee combat in Skyrim VR and bring in Multiplayer combat... then omfg. This would be like an MMORPG. Tank and Healer Classes, DPS, Crowd Control

An 8-man team could fight an Army of Dragons. RPG Stiffy activated!

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Saw this last week elsewhere. If it works for Skyrim VR when the time comes, it could make things quite interesting. I just hope if it does work it doesn't introduce lag in VR...that would be gut wrenching...

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

ohgrant
Superstar
 Well if the time does come. I should warn you, I'm some pretty bad company in there, folks been telling me how bad I look, I probably shouldn't have gone messing with those vampires. I pissed off some giants and got stuck in a cave for about twenty restarts. Exit the cave and get beat to death by giants. Had to reload an earlier save. Find a new town and got into some trouble, I only meant to touch her butt with the sword. There was some carnage and I ran out of town. Beautiful place though. I'm reevaluating my virtual me choices in life  :neutral:  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

Luciferous
Consultant
Oh brilliant, I have long dreamed about multiplayer Skyrim. Would be funny to see what VR body looks like. I wonder if you didn't have the VR Body mod you would just see floating weapons?

Jake_Dragon
Adventurer
Following

VRCentral
Honored Guest

PLEASE I WOULD LOVE THIS I'LL PAY ANY PRICE INCLUDING MY DRAGON SOULS!

Sylas
Protege

So they never mentioned VR...I thought there already is an Elder Scrolls Online.  Why don't they just make that VR compatible?

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Love this game!

We are all mad here.