Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SlimeVR now has full body tracking working on the Quest natively

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

https://twitter.com/TheMysticle/status/1596477893831688192

(Video at the twitter link)

SlimeVR is a full body motion capture system using inertial trackers (so like Perception Neuron).

They've now got the software running natively on the Quest with VRChat. So they can do what Meta currently can't: leg tracking in a metaverse. 🙂

FifQb6uWYAIdWBK.jpg

Hopefully I'll get my SlimeVR soon. They've been delayed by the global component shortage, but some of that is solved. I ordered the 10 tracker full body pack for $295.

Ten trackers (and no base stations or PC needed) for $295 when a single Vive tracker goes for $130 (plus cost of base stations if you don't have them). There's cheaper bundles (5 trackers for $165) or a complete 16 tracker set.

Or if you have the parts, you can make your own: SlimeVR is open source software and hardware with designs available for making your own trackers with arduino parts.

This video isn't on the Quest, it's just showing the recent improvements to the software.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
0 REPLIES 0